The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not being able to get a result at Old Trafford was always threatening to cost us. We didn't need to win, just needed to not get beat. Can't really complain really.

If we'd have drawn we'd have still finished 7th.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we'd have drawn we'd have still finished 7th.

But then I would have felt cheated, now not so much.

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Think we’ll miss out on Tosin with no Europe.

Tosin may well go elsewhere but no player is using the Conference League as the decider. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, Paulinho said:

Tosin may well go elsewhere but no player is using the Conference League as the decider. 

Nope.

And not Bruno either.

Edited by ATB

Just now, Paulinho said:

I think players do like to be involved in Europe though, at any level. Trips abroad just make the season a bit more exciting.

I understand wanting to find the positives, but there are none to losing out altogether. We'd have been using the early rounds of ECL to rotate and get the likes of Miley more experience. This is a complete disaster.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Worth remembering we signed Trippier, Bruno, Isak and Botman without any European football.

And Spurs almost got CL. The doom in here :buck2:

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I understand wanting to find the positives, but there are none to losing out altogether. We'd have been using the early rounds of ECL to rotate and get the likes of Miley more experience. This is a complete disaster.

It would have been good, yes. but not the end of the world.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

They’d all have been injured anyway.

It’s just textbook us to finish above Man Utd then after the league is over they snatch Europe from us. Can we just fast forward about 3 years to when we’ve enough quality in the squad to just win shit ourselves without relying on other teams. 

1 minute ago, ATB said:

It would have been good, yes. but not the end of the world.

Nothing is the end of the world, it's just a game.

This is shit though. Really shit.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Nothing is the end of the world, it's just a game.

This is shit though. Really shit.

yup, well put.

Don’t think lack of European football will change the signing situation. Conference League isn’t a big enough draw to be a difference maker between signing and not signing.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

After everything we got ourselves into a position where top six was in our hands and unfortunately we blew it. That makes it even more frustrating.

I get the sentiment, but we were 6th for about a week.

Sickening that these clubs which are now effectively comedy side shows (man u/chelsea) are being so badly mismanaged still make Europe. Ultimately our own fault it was out of our hands, but take away a couple of individual mistakes and we'd never have been in this situation