The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just reading there that both Man Utd and OGC will both be in the Europa League and are both owned by INEOS

Thought there was a rule preventing that

I am not going to lose any sleep that we didn’t qualify for the Conference league.

Hopefully it means we focus to quality over quality this window.

Just now, ATB said:

It will be a bigger problem if we miss out on EL och CL next season. then are the chances that our star player will leave, a lot bigger .

Without a doubt.

This result does pile pressure on Eddie Howe and the team to out together a top 6 finish and a decent cup run at minimum. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Feels a "cognitive thing" to think the team - circumstances accounted for - deserved to be in Europe next season.

You're welcome to your opinion, it's utterly shite, but you're welcome to it.

Edited by LiquidAK

I don’t know how some people are not bothered about not being in Europe.

After the time we had under Ashley, after having the team now, where you would think that we would be favourites, after our love affair with European games in the past. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t be disappointed. Fair enough if you are club that view it as a distraction, but for us it wouldn’t be. Realistically now we have been whittled down to just 2 trophies that we can win next season.

I’m fucking gutted, especially when you consider that Man Utd fan’s largely couldn’t give a fuck about the Europa League, and likely don’t even give much of a fuck about winning the FA Cup, and Chelsea fans certainly couldn’t be arsed with the Conference League.

Our fans, and our club would relish every match, we would treat it like West Ham did last season, and to an extent how Villa have this season.

Atleast we'll be able to have a run at the league next season now. Ever cloud and all that..

:tobey:

4 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Thanks, that was my intuition.

And presumably you can qualify for ECL by finishing around midtable in German/Italian leagues due to extra places and Atalanta winning Europa 

There is a chance that the top 9 teams in Italy can get into Europe next season.

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

I’d rather win the league cup than the Conference league, tbh

Just feels more difficult. What did we have this year? Man city home, man utd away and Chelsea away? Add in the potential to need to beat maybe an arsenal or Liverpool or whoever if u reach a final etc. It feels alot more unlikely than beating whoever we would have to face in conference league. 

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

After the time we had under Ashley, after having the team now, where you would think that we would be favourites, after our love affair with European games in the past. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t be disappointed. Fair enough if you are club that view it as a distraction, but for us it wouldn’t be. Realistically now we have been whittled down to just 2 trophies that we can win next season.

I’m fucking gutted, especially when you consider that Man Utd fan’s largely couldn’t give a fuck about the Europa League, and likely don’t even give much of a fuck about winning the FA Cup, and Chelsea fans certainly couldn’t be arsed with the Conference League.

Our fans, and our club would relish every match, we would treat it like West Ham did last season, and to an extent how Villa have this season.

Small club stuff.

Just now, Sibierski said:

How much is the projected miss on income for going deep in ECL and the home games on top? Like £15m? 

I think it was Kieran Maguire who said for most clubs that any extra they make from the Conference league is lost due to players contracts having a European football bump up.

I am glad we didn't qualify for Europe because it will give the team a better chance next season of finishing higher up in the league and qualifying for Europe.

The Conference would have been a good way to get our UEFA coefficient up so that we don't get another group of death when we get CL again, never mind the real chance of actually winning a major trophy.

Posted (edited)

Usually I would say that we've got ourselves to blame, but 60 points and +23 GD is usually more than enoigh for top 7. Even top 6 in a lot of seasons. Not getting Europe of any form with +23 is a record that will not get beaten in a very very long time.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Boey_Jarton said:

I am glad we didn't qualify for Europe because it will give the team a better chance next season of finishing higher up in the league and qualifying for Europe.

Absolute horrific take. Might as well have said that we shouldn’t have been in the Champions League this season, and also completely dismisses what Villa have done this season.

Just now, alexf said:

Just feels more difficult. What did we have this year? Man city home, man utd away and Chelsea away? Add in the potential to need to beat maybe an arsenal or Liverpool or whoever if u reach a final etc. It feels alot more unlikely than beating whoever we would have to face in conference league. 

True, just said I’d rather win the League cup. It’s a classic cup, a lot of history. The same with Europa League/UEFA cup. The conference league is a Mickey Mouse cup.

Just now, Scoot said:

Only got ourselves to blame. Too many pathetic away performances last season. 

1 point from Forrest and Luton at home was never going to go unpunished

Villa really suffered from their ECL sojourn this season didn't they. Sure am glad we're not facing the kind of calendar they had next season, hoo boy.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Also confused... I'm in the camp that not qualifying for conference league is not going to have a big impact on our progress, or in the transfer market as a whole. 

But I'm gutted on the chance to win something... like the whole point of football. I want to see us progress through a tournament, get to a big final, have that moment to see the players celebrate, parade through the city. And an actual pot to show for it. Like isn't that the entire point of this?

2 minutes ago, Sir Les said:

The Conference would have been a good way to get our UEFA coefficient up so that we don't get another group of death when we get CL again, never mind the real chance of actually winning a major trophy.

It’s not major though.