The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The Premier League is class like. You boys got pumped 3-0 and end the day more positive than you were yesterday. :lol:

Think there is a debate that this is the best/most fun Premier League season to date, or atleast in the top 10.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

What do you make of your situation?

Can Man Utd still navigate their injuries to get top 4?

Absolutely, if that's the main focus. 

There's hurt coming in one/both of the cups though. 

8 games to go, and its still totally in our hands.

Beating Spuds next week would be huge, and be an immediate feel good factor again after today.

Still could be any 2 of us, manure, spuds and Brighton IMO.

Said it all season though, i'd be delighted with top 6.

Spurs have us, Man U and Liverpool for the remainder of the month. If we finish below them now I'm going to really annoyed like, despite what I would have taken before the season started. 

Villa are flying of course, and definitely capable of having a big influence on the top 4 places.

But if they are to get into the Champions League, it will take some effort. 6pts behind, with only 7 games to play, and teams above have at least 1 game in hand, as well as the fact they still have to play Brentford, Manure and Liverpool away as well as spuds and Brighton at home. You'd think they'll need at least 6 wins out of those 7 and the teams above to lose 2 or 3 each.

Every game has been massive this season, and the next 8 will continue to be so. Looking at the next 4 matches (3 at home), 8+ points would put us in an excellent position for the final 4 games.

Edited by Karjala

51 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Villa are flying of course, and definitely capable of having a big influence on the top 4 places.

But if they are to get into the Champions League, it will take some effort. 6pts behind, with only 7 games to play, and teams above have at least 1 game in hand, as well as the fact they still have to play Brentford, Manure and Liverpool away as well as spuds and Brighton at home. You'd think they'll need at least 6 wins out of those 7 and the teams above to lose 2 or 3 each.

Every game has been massive this season, and the next 8 will continue to be so. Looking at the next 4 matches (3 at home), 8+ points would put us in an excellent position for the final 4 games.

Its not like i think they have a reasonable chance, just bigger than Brighton.

Not only based on the remaining fixtures, but also on their form the last games and how they played against us.

Edited by Displayname

5 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Spurs have us, Man U and Liverpool for the remainder of the month. If we finish below them now I'm going to really annoyed like, despite what I would have taken before the season started. 

Spurs could play Southampton at home in all their remaining games and i still wouldnt be that scared of them.

13 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd also say it's pretty big that our difficult fixtures at home. We've improved no end away but always look stronger on home soil. The numbers go along with that too.

I was making this point half way through the season FWIW.

Thinking 66 might even be enough now. Beat Spurs, draw with Brighton, win 2 of the others. If we do that:

Spurs would need to win 5 of their last 6 to beat us.

Brighton would need either 5 wins and 2 draws or 6 wins from their remaining 8 games to beat us. 

Villa would need either 5 wins and 2 draws, or 6 wins out of 7 to beat us. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thinking 66 might even be enough now. Beat Spurs, draw with Brighton, win 2 of the others. If we do that:

Brighton would need either 5 wins and 2 draws or 6 wins from their remaining 8 games to beat us. 

I think so long as Spurs don’t beat us, 4 wins would be enough.

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wouldn’t forget Liverpool just yet. If they win their next 2 (Leeds away, Forest home) they’ll be 6 behind us prior to the Spurs game, granted having played a game more. After that they have; West Ham (A), Spurs (H) ,Fulham (H), Brentford (H), Leicester (A), Villa (H), Southampton (A)

Couldn’t ask for better fixtures than that imo, especially the week where they play Spurs, Fulham and Brentford at home in 7 days. 

Obviously a long shot as they’ve been shite all season but they always say it’s better to do the hunting rather than be the hunted. They have experience of this as well.

Find it harsh on Brighton but their fixtures make it incredibly difficult to see them finishing Top 4. If they do then fair fucking play. 

Spurs are terrible and we should actually be grateful to them and VAR for robbing Brighton last week. 

Man Utd will finish top 4 despite injuries, mainly due to favourable fixture list. However they are still in 3 competitions. Dodgy game for them today though. 

If we get 7 points from Spurs, Everton and Southampton we are laughing, but it’s not done at that point. 

48 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Man Utd will finish top 4 despite injuries, mainly due to favourable fixture list. However they are still in 3 competitions. Dodgy game for them today though.

Should be 

De Gea

Dalot

Maguire

Lindelof

Malacia

Casemiro

Sabitzer

Fernandes

Antony

Sancho 

Weghorst

Martial and Eriksen to potentially start or at least come off the bench. Shaw could be fit. 

We should be beating Forest with that side. Be very disappointed if we can't. 

Spurs have never been the danger despite somehow managing to stay in and around the top 4 all season , defeat next will will finish them off for good . I still think Liverpool are the biggest threat looking at the fixtures everyone has left .

I still think 65 with good GD will beat whoever finishes fifth, though I expect us to get more.

In our eight remaining games, we play Arteta and Di Zerbi, both at home, plus six managers who started work in 2023. The longest serving is Dyche who joined Everton on Jan 30th. It's like a pub quiz question from hell to name them all. If we can't get 10 or 11 points from these eight games, we don't deserve it. Four of them are currently in the bottom five.