The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 hours ago, christ said:

We haven’t collapsed like Leicester though, who we’re getting pumped off Steve Bruce’s Newcastle as they tumbled out of the top four. Our form has been good. It’s just that Liverpool are on an absolutely ridiculous run.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. A single season - and it likely would be because we have a lot of rebuilding to do before we could compete on two fronts - isn’t going to totally alter the equation when it comes to who we buy and how much we spend.

The owners have been very careful and I would expect that to continue, to the point that if we do qualify I expect this place to be fucking unbearable during the window when we don’t completely overhaul the squad.

I knew a girl called summer who swallowed.

This isn't a case of now or never, 5th/6th whilst disappointing as 4th was in our grasp is still amazing and arguably ahead of where would have expected to be

Consider this, if we were mid table most of the season, then had a late surge and finished 6th, would we be thinking that a chance at 4th won't come again? Obviously not, we'd he ecstatic, looking forward to the summer and then thinking a challenge for top 4 is on for next season 

Basically the future is bloody bright

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

This isn't a case of now or never, 5th/6th whilst disappointing as 4th was in our grasp is still amazing and arguably ahead of where would have expected to be

Consider this, if we were mid table most of the season, then had a late surge and finished 6th, would we be thinking that a chance at 4th won't come again? Obviously not, we'd he ecstatic, looking forward to the summer and then thinking a challenge for top 4 is on for next season 

Basically the future is bloody bright

I've had several goes over the last day or so of putting that exact thought down but it never seemed to make sense when I read it. You've managed it :clap:

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

2nd (home), 17th (away), 6th (home), 19th (home), 11th (away). 

A team vying for 3rd/4th not getting 7 points from that is a collapse. A good team in good form would look to get 7-10 points from that. 6 or less is a collapse. 

I don't think a string of mediocre form is a 'collapse'.

You've got a 1 point margin there between 'good form' and 'collapse'.

Edited by Superior Acuña

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Does anyone know if an extra place is allocated in the CL if City win the league and champions league?

Nope, no extra place so if you are wanting Inter to win you can continue with that

Next season though, if English clubs to do well then there should be an extra spot for the CL

Just found this, I didn't actually know winning the Europa League gets you in the CL the following season. 

How 5 English teams can make Champions League

Although it is unlikely, there are two ways that a maximum five English teams can qualify for the Champions League.

The first instance is when a team that finishes outside the top four in the league wins the Champions League. For example, if Chelsea had won Europe's elite trophy in 2022/23 while finishing in their current league position, they would be the fifth team in the Champions League alongside the clubs which finish in the top four.

The other possible way for five English teams to make the Champions League is for a club outside the top four wins the Europa League. Winning the Europa League grants automatic qualification for the Champions League group stage in the following season.

Look at tonight as a semi-final and Monday as the final (should we win tonight). Every time the League Cup draw was done and we realised it was at home we were over the moon. These 2 should be no different.

Actually think it would make qualifying 100x better the fact that we have the chance to do it this way - at home, under the lights with the pressure on a little. In my humble opinion I'd much rather do it this way than cantering to it (despite my constant worries in this very thread :lol:).

Naturally we all wanted it done asap so we could all relax but doing it this way with Liverpool breathing down our necks would be amazing.

Honestly if you said to me right now, you get top 4 but you can choose how you get it with option A being we win tonight then Aston Villa beat Liverpool, or option B being you win tonight, Liverpool win, then you win on Monday, I’d take option A.

I just want us qualified for it, and if we do it, I want it done as soon as possible.

Last week between the Arsenal game and the Leeds game was a long week, this week has been long, and a wait between Monday and Sunday would be just as long.

Tonight will be a make or break night with the Toon needing 3  points  to start sealing Champions League football for next season.

The last few matches have been a bit disappointing. Since the Sean Longstaff injury Newcastle seem to be playing at a reduced momentum.

They have haven't been pressing as hard when out of possession. The opposing team s seem to be getting more crosses in where as before they were blocked.

We need Shaen back as he seems to be the pace setter for the Toon.

Whatever happens with being the best supporters in the world. Through thick and thin we shall be there behind them !

HOWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Why did we get rid of the 100 post limit on people starting new threads again? :lol:

Aye, you'd get idiots starting threads about Anthony Gordon and Scott McTominay. Rookies.

Just now, Jack27 said:

Aye, you'd get idiots starting threads about Anthony Gordon and Scott McTominay. Rookies.

You nearly single-handedly brought it back tbf.

1 hour ago, Deadtillten said:

Tonight will be a make or break night with the Toon needing 3  points  to start sealing Champions League football for next season.

The last few matches have been a bit disappointing. Since the Sean Longstaff injury Newcastle seem to be playing at a reduced momentum.

They have haven't been pressing as hard when out of possession. The opposing team s seem to be getting more crosses in where as before they were blocked.

We need Shaen back as he seems to be the pace setter for the Toon.

Whatever happens with being the best supporters in the world. Through thick and thin we shall be there behind them !

HOWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is factually incorrect. And not the mindset we need. It's not make or break.