The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

45 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

That post is completely pointless aside from Fabinho who's been dogshit all season.

More concerned about Joelinton getting 15 and a three match ban before the end of the season tbh

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Is the 3 match ban for 15 yellows definite? Had a quick Google but can't see any mention of it 

594E8361-D0C1-436A-A226-990EBF2F7CA5.thumb.jpeg.e0aaf084a9f60854f32363d316479403.jpeg

Edited by SteV

6 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Do those yellow card bans carry over to next season?

For 15, yes they would, if the 15th card came in the last three league games.

Pardew once didn’t play Tiote in the last game of the season because he was on 14

9 hours ago, Ace said:

5 wins and beating Spurs  would. I like to air on the side of caution 

Spurs have struggled but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility they win 6 of 8 and draw one of the other 2 if the beat us. 

Brighton winning 9/10 seems tougher so 5 should see them off. 

Anyone else would need us to collapse. 

They've not shown this type of form all season

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton has to behave himself better. 15 yellow cards in a season is crazy,.

He does, but also, the commitment/desire that causes him to receive so many cards is also one of the reasons he's such an effective disruptor in this team. If he held himself back in the next few games to try not to get a yellow, perhaps he wouldn't be as prolific in what he does.

38 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They've not shown this type of form all season

Was surprised to see they've won 6 and drawn 2 of the last 10. I know it's not 'that' form but that sort of ratio might get them there. Just need to win 4/5 ourselves.

Screenshot_20230413-093445.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

He does, but also, the commitment/desire that causes him to receive so many cards is also one of the reasons he's such an effective disruptor in this team. If he held himself back in the next few games to try not to get a yellow, perhaps he wouldn't be as prolific in what he does.

I might be completely making this up but it's been a long season, hasn't he picked up a few yellows for dissent though?

Whilst in previous seasons I liked it as he was showing some fight, it's something he needs to be careful with 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was surprised to see they've won 6 and drawn 2 of the last 10. I know it's not 'that' form but that sort of ratio might get them there. Just need to win 4/5 ourselves.

Fair.

If they replicate that again they'll be in the mix. Our H2H is crucial. If we win that, we just need to hold our form. Again, gutted ASM is out.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Fair.

If they replicate that again they'll be in the mix. Our H2H is crucial. If we win that, we just need to hold our form. Again, gutted ASM is out.

Assumed they were on a bit of a shit run, got me a bit worried that. :lol:

8 games left though, 3 against us, Man U and Liverpool and they probably need to win 5 and get a draw to finish ahead of us even if we only win 4 and lose 5. I don't see it.

I’m hoping we can match or better the result Spurs have this weekend so we can keep our 3 point lead before they come to St James’ Park. They have the easier game this weekend, but you just never know 

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Assumed they were on a bit of a shit run, got me a bit worried that. :lol:

8 games left though, 3 against us, Man U and Liverpool and they probably need to win 5 and get a draw to finish ahead of us even if we only win 4 and lose 5. I don't see it.

Still got villa and Brentford I think as well, not an easy run.

20 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m hoping we can match or better the result Spurs have this weekend so we can keep our 3 point lead before they come to St James’ Park. They have the easier game this weekend, but you just never know 

Don't think it matters too much in the grand scheme. 

10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Spurs keep up this form they'll end up on 69 points which is probably what I'd expect from them. 14 points from 9 games should do it for us. Sounds easy when you put it like that, but the next 2 months will be torture (unless Bournemouth fancy doing us a favour on Saturday...)

12 hours ago, Mazzy said:

The last 2 he's received have been total bullshit as well imo