The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

They smashed Liverpool and Chelsea already this season and beat Man Utd at OT. Think it’s more Hope than anything that they fall away personally, they are as likely as we are currently to get Europe imo.

They beat Man United under a different manager along with a midtable Chelsea and a Liverpool team that was in the habit of getting battered away from home. 

Don't get me wrong, they're a well coached outfit, but much like ourselves have plenty of squad limitations. I think it's more like we both fall away rather than keep up the pace.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Personally think Brighton will fall away as the season goes on due to fixture congestion and being a bit naive against better opposition.

People have been saying they will drop away for one reason or another to me for a while now, i think they won’t and they have more consistency then us at the minute.

I think Brighton play better football than us. I think they're probably a better team than us at this point. But somehow, I would be slightly disappointed if they finished above us. Probably because it would mean they've been better coached and smarter in the transfer market.

But they are a more mature outfit. It's taken Bloom years to get his transfer policy right in the PL and it's paying divdends. Di Zerbi is a genuine upgrade to Potter too - or at least he's able to build on Potter's work.

Edited by The College Dropout

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

People have been saying they will drop away for one reason or another to me for a while now, i think they won’t and they have more consistency then us at the minute.

They're a very well coached outfit with quality players in the middle of the pitch.

If you watch their games though, they tend to be wide open. They've still got to host City and go to Arsenal, Spurs  and Chelsea. Whilst having to slot in cup games, alongside hosting Man United, a trip to Bournemouth and a trip to SJP. It'll be a brutal run in for them, when like us, they lack strength and depth.

Just now, The Prophet said:

They're a very well coached outfit with quality players in the middle of the pitch.

If you watch their games though, they tend to be wide open. They've still got to host City and go to Arsenal, Spurs  and Chelsea. Whilst having to slot in cup games, alongside hosting Man United, a trip to Bournemouth and a trip to SJP. It'll be a brutal run in for them, when like us, they lack strength and depth.

I think they'll get at least 5 points from those

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I think Brighton play better football than us. I think they're probably a better team than us at this point. But somehow, I would be massively disappointed if they finished above us. Probably because it would mean they've been better coached and smarter in the transfer market.

But they are a more mature outfit. It's taken Bloom years to get his transfer policy right in the PL and it's paying divdends. Di Zerbi is a genuine upgrade to Potter too - or at least he's able to build on Potter's work.

They have had a rather big head start on us mind. We've only been competent for around 18 months.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I think they'll get at least 5 points from those

If Chelsea don't have their act together they could get something. Arsenal don't give much away at home while Spurs are still handy on their own patch. You'd also expect City to be on it in the title run in.

Brighton have recently dropped points at Leeds, Palace and Leicester so while decent they're not exactly brilliant on their travels of late. 

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In last 9 games they’ve won 4, drew 2 & lost 3 - that’s 14 points from possible 27 whilst we’ve won 3, drew 3 and lost 3 - picking up 12 points from 27.

You’re right though - they haven’t played many top teams in that time so it may well come down to then games. You have to also consider their short term form has taken a huge upterm with w2 d2 l1 in last 5 so it could be argued their getting stronger and stronger.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

In last 9 games they’ve won 4, drew 2 & lost 3 - that’s 14 points from possible 27 whilst we’ve won 3, drew 3 and lost 3 - picking up 12 points from 27.

You’re right though - they haven’t played many top teams in that time so it may well come down to then games. You have to also consider their short term form has taken a huge upterm with w2 d2 l1 in last 5 so it could be argued their getting stronger and stronger.

Their form has been more consistent through the season, where ours has been erratic.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Their form has been more consistent through the season, where ours has been erratic.

Yep, see how I feel after Fridays game - I was delighted with wolves win and it was very important but it would have been nice if Bruno or Botmans had gone in. Can’t help but think we’re relying on same usual suspects for goals and when they don’t score we don’t. In my opinion that contributes a lot to our erratic results. 

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

They beat Man United under a different manager along with a midtable Chelsea and a Liverpool team that was in the habit of getting battered away from home. 

Don't get me wrong, they're a well coached outfit, but much like ourselves have plenty of squad limitations. I think it's more like we both fall away rather than keep up the pace.

Beat us with the holy trinity of McFred and Maguire as well. :lol:

As good as Brighton are they seem massively over rated on here , they have been below us pretty much all season and have far harder fixtures left so not sure why people suddenly think they will finish above us . Liverpool and Spurs are the only teams we need to worry about , finish above both of them and we finish 4th.

Edited by Geogaddi

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

As good as Brighton are they seem massively over rated on here , they have been below us pretty much all season and have far harder fixtures left so not sure why people suddenly think they will finish above us . Liverpool and Spurs are the only teams we need to worry about , finish above both of them and we finish 4th.

They're 2 points behind us having played the same amount of games, they're obviously a threat to our position.

Lads, if we win our game in hand, we are literally 3 points off Man Utd. That's the equivalent of us converting two of our draws, let's say Leeds and Palace at home (where we were denied a legitimate goal), into being 3rd in the league. 3rd man. :lol:

We've been fucking astonishing this season. Just over a year ago we had Ciaran Clark and Matt Richie in our back four, now we have the best defence in the league. Just to be clear, we have the best defence in the league, without playing a negative style whatsoever. It's absolute unreal.

We've got a long term spine of Pope, Botman, Bruno and Isak. We've got a manager getting every player performing at their max potential. We've got owners who are killing it on and off the pitch.

Its at this stage where I don't even knowing who I'm ranting to.[emoji38] I'm just buzzing. We are getting better and better.

Will we finish top 4? We might. We just might.... and that in itself it a bloody miracle.

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Not sure where to post this but the relegation battle this season is going to be a classic I think, could well be multiple teams at risk going into the last couple of games of the season 

Yeah, it's very tight down there. 

I do wonder about Palace and Wolves, because they don't seem to have the motivation of the others. For our first goal against Wolves, Isak gave the defender a shove, and that ought to have brought about a protest from the player, but I don't think anything happened. At the very end, Jiminez was knocked down in the area by Burn, and he just got up grinning.