Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Nah, I want to hear what you think about signing Anthony Gordon for 40m or whatever it is

Well, for starters, I don't think we should begin our relationship with a young, potential signing by calling him a cunt.

I don't know...it's not very...hospitable.

Regarding him as a player - I understand peoples reservations - It's a lot of money, within the confines of tightening FFP, for raw, impetuous, potential, in an area that isn't currently a pressing matter (Even though he could possibly play as a 10).

I get the dislike based on his altercation with our players the last time we met, and I can understand how some people might not like how he carries himself on and off the pitch...

I understand the concerns, but I don't share them.

Truthfully...he excites me :azn:

When I saw him getting in our face, when I saw him in the Merseyside derby, skinning defenders and shithousing his way right under Liverpools skin - It made me smile :aww:

It reminded me of some of the fiery bastards that we've had here in the past (Most of which admittedly never fulfilled their potential).

He wears his heart on his sleeve, has electric pace, an acid tongue, he's brash, smug, he gets right in peoples faces, he winds them up & aggravates the opposition...He's a livewire.

Whether or not this livewire will electrify us, or electrocute us...time will tell.

One big thing he has going for him is that Eddie Howe wants him - And I think whatever potential he has, EH & co will reveal it - And they must think there's something there to reveal, or they wouldn't be in for him at all.

Given their track record with signings so far, I wouldn't bet against them.

We're building a team of skillful, skulldugging, shithousing, street fighters - A team of irreverent bastards who don't care who you are, they're here for the points - And if the term 'irreverent bastard' can be applied to any player in the PL - Then it's Anthony Gordon.

He is not the end product, but he is exactly in the mould of the player we're currently looking for.

We're not spending on ready-made 100mill+ super stars who have shot their bolt - The blueprint is to spend on young, hungry, upcoming players that can grow with us as a team - Bruno, Sven, Alex, Garang - And Flash has been identified as the next target.

I'm not going to change your mind if it's already made up, but I hope at least if he does join, then you'll get behind the lad.

He's 21, he's a kid relatively speaking - And in the past week he's had a substantial section of his own clubs supporters turn on him, and a select few scumbags chase him down a street and surround his car demanding to know why he hasn't singlehandedly saved them from their collective incompetence.

If we are to sign him, then our arms should be open. We should embrace him. He's a confidence player - And we're going to need to build his confidence back up as a fanbase if we're going to see the best of him.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth - The deal will probably fall through now I've written my fucking Anthony Gordon dissertation ;D

Whatever happens - If he signs - Then he becomes one of us - And I'll be backing the lad - Regardless of how many fucking bottles of peroxide he uses on his barnet [emoji38] - Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Namaste.

5 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Well, for starters, I don't think we should begin our relationship with a young, potential signing by calling him a cunt.

I don't know...it's not very...hospitable.

Regarding him as a player - I understand peoples reservations - It's a lot of money, within the confines of tightening FFP, for raw, impetuous, potential, in an area that isn't currently a pressing matter (Even though he could possibly play as a 10).

I get the dislike based on his altercation with our players the last time we met, and I can understand how some people might not like how he carries himself on and off the pitch...

I understand the concerns, but I don't share them.

Truthfully...he excites me :azn:

When I saw him getting in our face, when I saw him in the Merseyside derby, skinning defenders and shithousing his way right under Liverpools skin - It made me smile :aww:

It reminded me of some of the fiery bastards that we've had here in the past (Most of which admittedly never fulfilled their potential).

He wears his heart on his sleeve, has electric pace, an acid tongue, he's brash, smug, he gets right in peoples faces, he winds them up & aggravates the opposition...He's a livewire.

Whether or not this livewire will electrify us, or electrocute us...time will tell.

One big thing he has going for him is that Eddie Howe wants him - And I think whatever potential he has, EH & co will reveal it - And they must think there's something there to reveal, or they wouldn't be in for him at all.

Given their track record with signings so far, I wouldn't bet against them.

We're building a team of skillful, skulldugging, shithousing, street fighters - A team of irreverent bastards who don't care who you are, they're here for the points - And if the term 'irreverent bastard' can be applied to any player in the PL - Then it's Anthony Gordon.

He is not the end product, but he is exactly in the mould of the player we're currently looking for.

We're not spending on ready-made 100mill+ super stars who have shot their bolt - The blueprint is to spend on young, hungry, upcoming players that can grow with us as a team - Bruno, Sven, Alex, Garang - And Flash has been identified as the next target.

I'm not going to change your mind if it's already made up, but I hope at least if he does join, then you'll get behind the lad.

He's 21, he's a kid relatively speaking - And in the past week he's had a substantial section of his own clubs supporters turn on him, and a select few scumbags chase him down a street and surround his car demanding to know why he hasn't singlehandedly saved them from their collective incompetence.

If we are to sign him, then our arms should be open. We should embrace him. He's a confidence player - And we're going to need to build his confidence back up as a fanbase if we're going to see the best of him.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth - The deal will probably fall through now I've written my fucking Anthony Gordon dissertation ;D

Whatever happens - If he signs - Then he becomes one of us - And I'll be backing the lad - Regardless of how many fucking bottles of peroxide he uses on his barnet [emoji38] - Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Namaste.

Hank Marvin I just don't get this

I rate the lad I must be in the minority 😂. He's quick uses both feet runs his arse off has a goal in him aswell. He's still a bairn in development terms aswell. Yeah he seems a toss pot but I've got a feeling he'll be great here. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I rate the lad I must be in the minority 😂. He's quick uses both feet runs his arse off has a goal in him aswell. He's still a bairn in development terms aswell. Yeah he seems a toss pot but I've got a feeling he'll be great here. 

7 goals for Everton, half of them deflections

This debate has got a bit weird and personal in here. 

I’ve seen comments talking about people holding grudges because he got in Trippier’s face? Is it not because he’s known just a bit of edgy, diving shithouse? 

“it’s a good job the club has got a scouting network rather than listening to X”  Can people not have opinions on players anymore? The entire Everton fan base who’s watched him more than anyone on here seems to be pretty certain about him. 

I’m mentioned I think he’s shite and his end product looks awful. For the fee banded about id like to see more and believe we could do better. 

If he signs I’ll obviously get behind him. 

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

This debate has got a bit weird and personal in here. 

I’ve seen comments talking about people holding grudges because he got in Trippier’s face? Is it not because he’s known just a bit of edgy, diving shithouse? 

“it’s a good job the club has got a scouting network rather than listening to X”  Can people not have opinions on players anymore? The entire Everton fan base who’s watched him more than anyone on here seems to be pretty certain about him. 

I’m mentioned I think he’s shite and his end product looks awful. For the fee banded about id like to see more and believe we could do better. 

If he signs I’ll obviously get behind him. 

It's ok. Apparently I was the only one who has said I didn't want him according to Shearergol :lol: 

Would say the majority opinion on here is that people don't want him personally.

Only have the back end of last season to go on as far as watching him and his ability and character goes, and that was only a handful of games. I didn't see a ton of what i'd personally think we need currently, in those games I saw. Especially if we're talking about a player costing 30-40m. 

Honestly though, and I include myself in this, any attempt to fully assess a player from outside our club and coaching setup, before he even signs, is a pointless exercise. Until he has been through our coaching, we can't know how he will do. If we sign him, we have to trust the powers that be, that he's going to flourish with us.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

He absolutely fits into our team ethos and youth mandate, he is a fighter, exceedingly pacy and versatile position wise. From what I have read he is a great trainer, singled out for praised loved by all of his coaches (Ancelotti, Rafa and Tory Frank) and clearly gives his all on the pitch. It is potentially important he won't take up a squad place for this season too. I'm not sure if he will be a game changer for us though in the way Bruno, Pope or Botman was but he certainly has time and good coaching on his side though, and he can perform in this league right away.

He almost singlehandedly saved Everton from the drop last year. I watched quite a few of their games in the hope they would go down and every game I watched he was the only one trying and the only difference maker picked out by commentators and pundits. Anything good came through him. Sure a lot of Everton fans hate him right now but I don't particularly trust their opinions over the last few years form. 5 months ago Gordon was their idol and saviour. He is being scapegoated. At worst he is a product of the rest of the team and coaching set up. He clearly has the tools to be a top player.

Could give a shit what he looks like, does or wears off the field provided it's not distracting him and affecting his game on it or getting the club into trouble. We are fanbase that embraced model era Keegan, Asprilla and Peter Beardsley's beautiful face. If we get him I think doubters are going to be more than pleasantly surprised. 

Price wise, unfortunately for a young, hyped English attacking players 30m plus is a starting point now. It's a rancid market. Provided we don't go over 40m (ish) I am excited by his addition. I do hope he just isn't our only addition this window.