Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Be gutted for him if he missed out due to injury on his dream of playing in the euros. He was tearing it up in that Man u game and they were struggling to live with him in that 2nd half up to the bit where it felt like they kicked him out the game. Looked a nasty tackle by Amad if I remember rightly. 
But he has risen to Isak and Bruno level with his performances this season, and with his workrate, mentality and physical attributes, the sky is the limit for him. 

Really think if he gets a chance in this England team he will kick on again and link really well with Foden, Bellingham, Kane etc. Knowing Southgate's previous though he will probably leave him out entirely or if he is in the squad probably won't get a sniff of game time. 

10 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Where can I watch that thing where he was interviewed at Whitley Bay...i think? Was out recently.

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Where can I watch that thing where he was interviewed at Whitley Bay...i think? Was out recently.

He comes across really well in that interview

I did also note that he seems to keep his own training regimen as he's concerned about injury.  And he's one of the few we've managed to keep pretty much injury-free this season ...

I'm not one to put anyone on a pedestal or anything like that, but fair play to the lad, he went above and beyond going to that hospital. And fair play to his lass for driving him there too. Neither of them had to do that, but they did.

Lovely to see.

10 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Getting to know Gordon… aka our Anthony… and having his quality rewarded on and off the pitch, has been one of the high points of the season. 

needs that putting on his banner @Heron

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Weird. Article is the athletic but url is nytimes 

NYT bought them not too long ago and finally merged them into the full site 

edit: it was actually Jan 2022 they bought them damn

Edited by Jack27

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

NYT bought them not too long ago and finally merged them into the full site 

edit: it was actually Jan 2022 they bought them damn

Didn’t know that, thanks 

He played as a number 9 that tournament, and 2 goals and 1 assist doesn't sound too impressive Tbf :lol:

Feels so long ago since that tournament, but he was really good in ig IIRC. Gave us a glimpse of what was to come this season.

Best thing about Gordon is, I feel like he wont ever allow his levels to drop. He seems to have that Milner (or dare I say a non rapey C. Ronaldo) type of attitude where he just keeps on going and wanting to be as good as possible all the time. Really feel like this season was just the beginning for him 

Not featuring in first game due to ankle injury. Hope he can feature in 2nd game as I would be gutted for him if he somehow didn’t go Euros because we played him through the pain again. 

Feels though with no Rashford, Southgate is in on him and Grealish as LWs. And Eze is the back up.

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Not featuring in first game due to ankle injury. Hope he can feature in 2nd game as I would be gutted for him if he somehow didn’t go Euros because we played him through the pain again. 

Feels though with no Rashford, Southgate is in on him and Grealish as LWs. And Eze is the back up.

Think his injury will cost him unfortunately. Positively he’ll hopefully come back chomping at the bit to get to the forefront of the next manager’s plans.