Anthony Gordon

Jack27

The debate to be had here is not whether or not any deal happens, it’s whether we are actually looking to sell. If it is conclusively revealed that we are, and to a supposed rival in the same league, then they have no idea of how badly that will be received. The optics of this are just horrendous, regardless of how much truth there is in it.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The debate to be had here is not whether or not any deal happens, it’s whether we are actually looking to sell. If it is conclusively revealed that we are, and to a supposed rival in the same league, then they have no idea of how badly that will be received. The optics of this are just horrendous, regardless of how much truth there is in it.

You don’t get to be that rich by being as incompetent as selling your player of the season and one of the few players that was available the whole season to boot just to prevent a points deduction when you’ve always said this is a long term projects.

I just don’t buy it - the press have seen how much we bite and are winding us up man.

Edited by Gawalls

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s us potentially offering him out which is the sickener.

Aye 100% and what will Gordon make of it ? Someone at the club seems to be making Howes job really difficult 

Will be absolutely defeated if this happens. Proper Andy Cole moment and demand Eddie appears on the steps!

More annoying one of my scouse supporting mates told me this was happening a month ago and I said it was pretty unlikely. Be just as annoyed if he is right lol

Press making mischief I reckon, perhaps aided by clubs that would benefit from unsettling a player they're interested in. There's no benefit for us in offering Gordon around but there's plenty benefit for Liverpool and others to this story suddenly appearing. 

Got to believe all these stories are made up rubbish as if not the game is dead. We've not gone crazy spending ridiculous money but we're supposedly forced to sell one of our star players or any youngster who might have potential. How can any club build success and if that's true what is the point in supporting any club outside the current big six.

I'm siding on it being made-up rubbish as I feel there is a shift in the media narrative to try and remove any moment/positivity the club is building. Could do with the club releasing some positive PR to counter all this noise.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Got to believe all these stories are made up rubbish as if not the game is dead. We've not gone crazy spending ridiculous money but we're supposedly forced to sell one of our star players or any youngster who might have potential. How can any club build success and if that's true what is the point in supporting any club outside the current big six.

I'm siding on it being made-up rubbish as I feel there is a shift in the media narrative to try and remove any moment/positivity the club is building. Could do with the club releasing some positive PR to counter all this noise.

Agreed. I think the press are up to their usual shit but the club need to put a message out that he's not for sale.

Howe said when we bought Gordon something along the lines of “I always wanted to buy him, just the opportunity came up early” - if he wanted him long term plans and it’s coincidentally the player whose getting the press at the minute as most of the country thinks he should be playing, it just seems wrong and made up on so many levels to me.

Honestly, I would be all sorts of angry if this happened, like many others no doubt.

He has DELIVERED in the big games we played last year and the guy is a jewel in the crown for us, this wouldn't just be a case of losing a very good player, it would be a MONUMENTAL loss for us. I really, really hope it's an absolute load of rubbish and like 'ohmelads' says, the club need to respond to this.