Anthony Gordon

Jack27

16 minutes ago, mofo said:

Only way I see Gordon leaving is if Howe is to leave. Think he loves it here and loves playing under Howe 

Don't think Gordon would even entertain the idea of leaving Newcastle...unless it was for Liverpool.

Sorry guys, but that's probably the only club in the world that could turn his head, but it's not out of the question.

No, if City or Arsenal or Madrid or Bayern came in for him he’d also be gone. Think people need to stop taking the “really happy here” type statements as some concrete oath of blood loyalty.

18 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

No, if City or Arsenal or Madrid or Bayern came in for him he’d also be gone. Think people need to stop taking the “really happy here” type statements as some concrete oath of blood loyalty.

I actually think he really does love it here though, Newcastle as a city probably suits his personality down to the ground. Only his hometown club would be a bigger pull.

Obviously if he could double his wages elsewhere, that's a different thing, no one is going to turn that down.

12 minutes ago, HawK said:

If we can double our money on him in only 18 months, we take the money imo and reinvest. Grow or die...

This. Modern football is totally fucked. It’s virtually impossible to challenge the elite. Newcastle have the best chance to try and break through with PIFs backing. 

If we fail, supporting teams outside the Elite is pointless. And winning something would be a total fluke (see Leicester). 

32 minutes ago, HawK said:

If we can double our money on him in only 18 months, we take the money imo and reinvest. Grow or die...

If we wait another year we can triple our money or have an even better player (provided his contract ending in 2026 is nonsense)

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

If we wait another year we can triple our money or have an even better player (provided his contract ending in 2026 is nonsense)

Yeh. The original fee only partially defines whether the selling fee is good.  

Although I think doubling his fee to £90m would be a decent deal for us.  

Anything less than £80m is a steal for Liverpool.  They won’t have to pay him crazy wages either. 

Can't see Gordon leaving this window but if he keeps improving and we don't start winning trophies and being in Europe every year then it'll happen at some point. 

3 hours ago, Slim said:

Newcastle, though, are in a position to play hardball. Gordon hasn't thus far agitated for a move and, with there no longer a pressing need to move on players, the Magpies can bump up the price for the 23-year-old. Indeed, Newcastle boss Eddie Howe regards the player as "integral" to his team this coming season.

That's the key part of that whole article. Easy for me to believe Liverpool is his 'Bruno to Real Madrid'* destination, but if he's also happy to stay here and playing ball with our club in terms of whatever happens, it doesn't need to be a big deal.

*Not that I'm convinced RM is Bruno's dream home.

9 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

I feel like if people are going to keep bumping this thread now every message should either start with 'NO NEW INFO, DON'T PANIC' or 'FUCKING PANIC LADS'

Missing a Dads Army gif I think... 😄

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

This needs more love. He seems a great lad. 

Instead he will get whoppers on twitter going "only 10k, that's nothing to him!" Etc.

The joys of social media.

Edited by Joe1984

The Gordon / Gomez swap would have genuinely been one of the worst deals the club has ever done, so I really hope that's nonsense.

But I think if Liverpool put £90m+ on the table I'd want us to take it. I'd hate it and I don't want it to happen, but I think the end result is we'd end up with a more balanced and better overall squad.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

The Gordon / Gomez swap would have genuinely been one of the worst deals the club has ever done, so I really hope that's nonsense.

But I think if Liverpool put £90m+ on the table I'd want us to take it. I'd hate it and I don't want it to happen, but I think the end result is we'd end up with a more balanced and better overall squad.

It's nonsense Liverpool journalism.  Why can't people see it?

Why would Liverpool even need him? He's really good but splashing the cash on him when they have Diaz and Gakpo playing the same position wouldn't make any sense from their squad's perspective. Honestly think it's a load of nonsense and not worth thinking about.