Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Understandably rusty here didn't have total control of the ball or that pure acceleration we know and love. Drawing a foul was on point though. First game back with little preseason so best is yet to come. 

Did not seem to be up to speed today and based on the standards he sets for himself, he is probably the first to acknowledge that.

Hopefully it's all fitness related which is solvable.  He has lots of credit in the bank as far as I concerned.

Just pray it's not anything transfer related

Last game he was preparing for was the final of the euros, and that whole experience would have been bitterly disappointing for him. He’s then barely had a pre season. In a few games he’ll be back to himself 

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

Watched him closely live today, bit of a half arsed shift from him imo 

Yeah, he looked well off it. I think Southgate might’ve broken him

Can't say it was just him. Isak, Gordon, Livramento, Hall. They all looked off the pace. Gordon did come to life a bit in the second half and might have had some goal scoring chances if Pawson wasn't a bent cunt.

11 hours ago, Lish007 said:

He like rang half the length of the field to the opposite side just to close someone down. Was hardly half arsed. Just a bit rusty.

There was more than one occasion when the ball was in their possession very close to him and he just kept strolling on. It looked very half arsed

I think people are going to start watching him a bit closer now  after what happened in the summer. Only thing that will stop that is him signing a new deal.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I think people are going to start watching him a bit closer now  after what happened in the summer. Only thing that will stop that is him signing a new deal.

True and it’ll be interesting to see what happens. It’s a bit of Guehi situation in that he two years left but I can’t see him agitating for a move and I’d be surprised if Liverpool are prepared to pay an absolute load of cash on a LW given the options they already have with Diaz etc. You never know though 🤷‍♂️ 

11 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Can't say it was just him. Isak, Gordon, Livramento, Hall. They all looked off the pace. Gordon did come to life a bit in the second half and might have had some goal scoring chances if Pawson wasn't a bent cunt.

Livramento was excellent I thought? Won challenge after challenge and made a few crucial blocks. 

Any thought has to why he decided he wasn't really arsed anymore here?

Early in the game and he just lets him go basically. I know we had the numbers but it was still a dangerous looking situation.

Bruno not exactly busting a gut either but we know Gordon can move and he seems to just not?

Was really poor yesterday, really hope his head hasn't been turned and it's just rust from the summer.

10 minutes ago, Shak said:

Early in the game and he just lets him go basically. I know we had the numbers but it was still a dangerous looking situation.

Bruno not exactly busting a gut either but we know Gordon can move and he seems to just not?

Was really poor yesterday, really hope his head hasn't been turned and it's just rust from the summer.

Honestly, I'm fairly paranoid about this whole situation in terms of how he sees things right now.

But bearing that in mind, we have to be careful not to overanalyze things, and even cause problems where there actually aren't any.

Things and possibilities to consider in that clip include 1) he clearly was trying at first, it seemed like a conscious choice to stop rather than a general sense of not caring 2) he's managing his fitness 3) he's under instruction to generally not chase back into our own half to retain a presence up front 4) other players did similar things several times yesterday such as Isak.

21 minutes ago, Shak said:

He was doing this loads last season. People will start noticing more now.:lol:

There's no doubting he's class for us but for whatever reason he definitely doesn't cover his left back well. It might be tactical.

I had a bad feeling in my gut (based on nothing), he didn't look happy when coming off and it crossed my mind it was as if he was leaving soon. Just me being paranoid I guess.