Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I don’t think he sulked. There were a few occasions that might end up serious injuries, and he still went for it. If he was sulking he wouldn’t gamble like that.

Give him some time to regain his form. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm putting that on Howe.

Should have just put Barnes on the right as he looked better than Gordon there last game, and he's the one that is wanting to play and so should be fine to make the sacrifice of playing there.

Poor decision.

Except Barnes has been scoring from the left all season and literally won us the game today from there [emoji38]

He threw his arms in the air, geeing up the crowd near the end when we a corner. Think he’s just feeling flat. He’s clearly a massive confidence player, he’ll be back to his best very soon 

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Gordon has also been unferperforming, so maybe it's a healthy reminder that he's not irreplaceable.

100%

Just thought it was a poor decision considering he's already been so mediocre.

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Except Barnes has been scoring from the left all season and literally won us the game today from there [emoji38]

Barnes has looked good from everywhere this season.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

100%

Just thought it was a poor decision considering he's already been so mediocre.

Why?

I don't really understand that logic tbh

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

So…maybe play him in his best position?

This is such a waste of my time.

It's also Gordon's better position.

Sacrifices have to be made because the club are apparently incapable of finding a right winger.

If Gordon is the one that has started slower this season, I think it makes more sense to play him where he is more comfortable.

Barnes looked just as dangerous on the right last game. At the very least they should have swapped at times, but whatever!

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Sacrifices have to be made because the club are apparently incapable of finding a right winger.

If Gordon is the one that has started slower this season, I think it makes more sense to play him where he is more comfortable.

Barnes looked just as dangerous on the right last game. At the very least they should have swapped at times, but whatever!

I see what you're saying now, but what I'd argue is you play your best or most in form players on their best position. Gordon is probably our best but Barnes is our most in form. So what Howe did today is reminded Gordon that we need him on the pitch but that he needs to perform to be in the driving seat for his position.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You play your most in form players in their best positions. Barnes has started the season like a house on fire and is scoring from LW. Don’t want your time wasted? Don’t make stupid suggestions.

19 minutes ago, TBG said:

There's only one thing that can turn this round.

Anthony_Gordon.thumb.jpg.63531e4fefd85d1b385a83612ef2bf90.jpg

I take back everything I might have ever said about his hair :lol:

Keep it, Anthony lad. Keep it in perpetuity, forever. Always :lol:

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

You play your most in form players in their best positions. Barnes has started the season like a house on fire and is scoring from LW. Don’t want your time wasted? Don’t make stupid suggestions.

Not long ago I was told playing them both was a stupid suggestion.

I think you're impossibly stupid and lack basic comprehension.

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm putting that on Howe.

Should have just put Barnes on the right as he looked better than Gordon there last game, and he's the one that is wanting to play and so should be fine to make the sacrifice of playing there.

Poor decision.

Poor decision? Barnes scored ghosting in from the left, for fuck’s sake. :lol:

Don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if he pulled out of the International squad and use the time to get his body and mind a bit of rest. He looks tired and a bit listless, doesn't seem quite focused and looks a little laboured. The rest would do him good imo. 

I don't think it'll happen mind, he won't want to give anyone a chance to take his place which I understand. He'll want to play as much as possible, but I think that's half the problem, he needs a rest mentally and physically. Imo obviously 

26 minutes ago, TBG said:

There's only one thing that can turn this round.

Anthony_Gordon.thumb.jpg.63531e4fefd85d1b385a83612ef2bf90.jpg

God. That Southampton player the other week already gave me Shelvey reminders. Please don't do it Anthony lad.

Just now, Taylor Swift said:

Poor decision? Barnes scored ghosting in from the left, for fuck’s sake. :lol:

Another man with a simple mind.

Yes, because he scored from there obviously means he couldn't have from anywhere else.

Did you even watch the Forest game? 

You make me sick.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, because he scored from there obviously means he couldn't have from anywhere else.

You make me sick.

:lol: 👀

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You make me sick.

How’s he supposed to ghost in from the left if he’s playing on the right? 

He also assisted Gordon from the left last week and Gordon scored ghosting in from the right. :lol:

Edited by Taylor Swift