Anthony Gordon

Jack27

If he'd made a couple of ricks right before coming off then he was probably agitated and doubly emotional about being withdrawn; meanwhile if you've already told someone to 'get off' but they keep your hands on you, it's not a huge surprise that they might flinch like that. 

However, none of that means it's acceptable to get into a public petulant spat with the boss and it's not really great to see; mainly because it's an extremely rare chink in what appears to be the most harmonious dressing room in a generation. I'm sure it'll have been resolved by the time they were on the bus, mind.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

So all of our other substitutions have been an issue for you? As nobody else has acted like that all season. 

Yeah, that's a deliberate misinterpretation of my post, but you do you.

Getting subbed off when you came on as a sub is always going to sting a bit. Obviously in a perfect world you don't throw a fit, but it's also a complete non-issue if a player is upset about it - of course they are.

1 minute ago, Miercoles said:

Yeah, that's a deliberate misinterpretation of my post, but you do you.

Getting subbed off when you came on as a sub is always going to sting a bit. Obviously in a perfect world you don't throw a fit, but it's also a complete non-issue if a player is upset about it - of course they are.

I agree it's a non-issue for a player to be a bit upset. But throwing a fit makes it into a bit of an issue. It'll be sorted easily enough, he'll be left in no doubt that it's not to happen again. 

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Would people be making as big of a deal if it was Bruno or Joelinton and if you say you are lying.

[emoji38] do you really think Bruno or Joe would act like that towards Eddie? You'd have to be beyond stupid to think they would.

He shouldn't have acted the way he did, that's the top and bottom of it. He could absolutely show frustration and be annoyed and all that, and I get that tempers are flying high, etc. But as soon as Eddie puts an arm around him and talks to him he should be respectful enough to dial it in and see the bigger picture. That may be down to immaturity, but for me it's an excuse. I think he needs to be given the benefit of a doubt and we need to appreciate he's keen, eager and desperate for minutes. However, some of the other players put an arm around him and chatted with him and I think that's the right way to go about it.

It's a sign of the importance of the likes of Lascelles, Ritchie, Murphy, etc. Within the squad. The right attitude. Was well pleased Trippier gave Jamaal the armband and was well pleased Ritchie talked to Gordon as a fellow hot head.

Situation managed, hopefully lessons learned and we move forward, stronger.

Edited by Heron

He is a kid who has been wrapped up in the cotton wool of the privileged football community all of his life and doesn't understand the reality of fan's expectations.  Personally I have no sympathy with these snowflakes. Been to war etc...

Only hope someone can guide the daft cunt in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, LALASAM said:

He is a kid who has been wrapped up in the cotton wool of the privileged football community all of his life and doesn't understand the reality of fan's expectations.  Personally I have no sympathy with these snowflakes. Been to war etc...

You can't muck about in the Territorial Army 

I wouldn't know. We're you a STAB? 

A STAB was a stupid T A bastard...a term given to the fuckwits who would come from the UK to BOAR and think they could do the job. You seem to be in the know. Ever soldiered or just a fuckwit?

Edited by LALASAM

17 minutes ago, LALASAM said:

A STAB was a stupid T A bastard...a term given to the fuckwits who would come from the UK to BOAR and think they could do the job. You seem to be in the know. Ever soldiered or just a fuckwit?

Oh. Nah, I was just quoting Gareth Keenan from The Office. 

Not sure why the territorial army is being debated here but they're also important to the countries upkeep and defence like despite being part time...

Back to the subject matter, it doesn't simply justify pre-conceptions - people see what Eddie has built and think he deserves more respect than that which was shown. They're right to do so, but likewise it is important little is made of a fairly nothing situation.

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, LALASAM said:

Hark at fucking Montgomery here. 

3 hours ago, LALASAM said:

Sorry, isn't it even more snowflake-y to worry about perceived slights to 'fans expectations'?  Nowt screams privilege more than getting upset because a footballer was mildly irritated about being subbed.  Even if the person has been to war.