Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka man. What are you hoping to get from this? Some didn’t want him but I assume those same people are chuffed we signed him now and are happy to eat humble pie. Can ya not just leave it at that ya cheeky scamp ya?

Why? No one ever just left it when they were mouthing off about the guy.

I think it's important to remind them :razz:

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka man. What are you hoping to get from this? Some didn’t want him but I assume those same people are chuffed we signed him now and are happy to eat humble pie. Can ya not just leave it at that ya cheeky scamp ya?

I was reading the last few pages and was going to say the same thing, although not directed at Kaka specifically.

It’s a tedious read.

For the record, I was fine with the purchase. I've only seen one Premier League team ever live and that was two summers ago and Everton. I wore the Black and White to the match of course, but it seemed to me Gordon was the possibly the best player on the pitch that day. So I thought he'd look great on the RW if we brought him in.

29 minutes ago, McDog said:

For the record, I was fine with the purchase. I've only seen one Premier League team ever live and that was two summers ago and Everton. I wore the Black and White to the match of course, but it seemed to me Gordon was the possibly the best player on the pitch that day. So I thought he'd look great on the RW if we brought him in.

I was also a bit positive simply because the few games that I watched Everton 2 years back, he was usually their best player at the age of 21. I heard a lot about his bad run of form before we signed him, which made me a bit sceptical aswell, possibly partly due to the Chris Wood signing and how his goalscoring form continued to be pretty dry with us. But the entire Everton team was just not working at all when Gordon wasn't performing. Also, I never expected his mindset and willingness to improve to be this good. Quite the opposite, I thought his attitude seemed pretty bad.

Edited by Erikse

He seems a canny lad that's needed to be trained right and looked after. When we were first linked I said he had all the tools to work with to be a future star. Howe is starting to coax that out of him now. 

Plus I've noticed his little temper flare ups have dwindled with him been in with a great group. 

Edited by andycap

He's just about the main-man for me. On his worst day he'll keep plugging away, wont hide and will make things happen and create a team momentum.

Rather than those that didn't give him a chance its those Everton fans I was thinking of, saying they'd robbed us of £40million.

Its been another absolute steal by our recruitment folks.