Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 minutes ago, Collage said:

He's been great, but it's Isak for me.

Nah - we expected Isak to be Class - not many expected Gordon to be.

Big club bias has always been there, still remember when Phil Jones moved from Blackburn to Man Utd and literally was immediately in the England squad. Never got a sniff while at Blackburn iirc, in straight away as soon as he moved.

4 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Big club bias has always been there, still remember when Phil Jones moved from Blackburn to Man Utd and literally was immediately in the England squad. Never got a sniff while at Blackburn iirc, in straight away as soon as he moved.

But but we are a big club - I think it's more anti-Newcastle bias

13 minutes ago, Collage said:

He's been great, but it's Isak for me.

Isak's been fantastic.

However the availability, consistency and energy and commitment going forward and defensively from Gordon was unmatched by anyone else this season.

Posted (edited)

Gordon deserves it by a mile. Not even up for debate, in my opinion.

Edited by CPL

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Isak's been fantastic.

However the availability, consistency and energy and commitment going forward and defensively from Gordon was unmatched by anyone else this season.

Think there's an extremely strong argument for Guimaraes, in fairness, who ticks most of those boxes. But I think Gordon is the right winner.

Never understood why football awards don’t get judged and awarded at end of season. Maybe the OCD in me 😆

I’ve been rating the team every game and tracked it through the season, and have Bruno as player of the year. BUT I have absolutely no problem with Anthony winning it, he has been immense and I feel it is richly deserved.

I have no problems with Gordon winning it. Just think having one of our players scoring more in a season than any Newcastle player since Shearer is something special.