Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I must admit, I wasn't that arsed when news came out that we were after and subsequently bought him. However, he's been terrific this season and has become an integral part to Eddie's team. Another young lad, who has all the world ahead of him if he keeps on working hard. :thup:

That tournament in the summer was HUGE for his confidence and fitness. Want him to get a rest against weaker opposition soon when Barnes and Willock come back. He's basically played every match for us and didnt have a proper off season. 

I love a far post tap-in. That's a Pep-era Man City goal. Brilliantly worked.

From fbref.

gordon.thumb.jpg.ceaff7bfc3ba18cf744df7ba16a84918.jpg

Trippier is now joint leader with Neto on 7 assists. Pity the lad doesn't have a goal because he's come very close.

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Was a fan of ASM myself, havent missed him a single second when I think about it :)

I loved him too but you can absolutely see why we sold him when they clearly had an idea of how good Gordon could be and the role he could do. 

If they can upgraded RW next summer we’re really in business. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

9 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I loved him too but you can absolutely see why we sold him when they clearly had an idea of how good Gordon could be and the role he could do. 

If they can upgraded RW next summer we’re really in business. 

Not going to be easy, Almiron brings so much to the team. If he just could get some consistency in his finishing..

I actually think our first team is on par with most atm(in practice, not on paper). Just need a bigger squad, bigger than others considering the intensity in our play.

Already matched his league goals total for Everton. In less than half the games. 

General consensus seemed to be that he was good on the ball, quick and worked hard (along with all the other stuff :lol:). But that he needed to improve on his output. 

He has certainly done that with his goal involvements this year. 

6 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Not going to be easy, Almiron brings so much to the team. If he just could get some consistency in his finishing..

I actually think our first team is on par with most atm(in practice, not on paper). Just need a bigger squad, bigger than others considering the intensity in our play.

I get what you’re saying but if you’re going to go to places like Anfield, Emirates etc or even play those teams at home you need higher quality finishers/game changers. Miggy is great and will no doubt have a prominent role still but RW definitely needs strengthening/uograded. I’m not saying I know exactly who but I’m sure this is a position they’ll look at next summer. 

Agreed that the squad is definitely coming together now though when all fit. I think after Jan and next summer it’ll start to getting close to what they want. 

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Love Miggy but he’s a bench player for me, someone that can bring amazing energy for a final 30 minutes of a game. A top class starting RW is an absolute must if we want to really kick on to the top level.

Yep will be a key addition next summer 

43 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Love Miggy but he’s a bench player for me, someone that can bring amazing energy for a final 30 minutes of a game. A top class starting RW is an absolute must if we want to really kick on to the top level.

Not a bench player for me, more a rotating player for easier games maybe? Think he is best utilized when he plays the full 90 mins.

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

If we make it to the UCL next season with the new format, our schedule would be worse than what it is now with the extra games. We need a bigger squad anyways. It is no longer possible to start the same 11 every game even if we had no injuries, and Almiron will be a squad player if we bring in a world class RW.