Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I used to play ice hockey a bit when I was younger and this reminds me of a few things I saw our physio would do. A walking boot/crutches doesn’t always reflect on severity of an injury. Some of these boots are for compression and they are pumped up to prevent blood settling into the ankle/swelling immediately after. 

Rest 

Ice

Compress

Elevate

the crutches and the boot will accomplish rest and compression. I’m sure they will have him prop his foot up with a few pillows tonight so it’s over his heart and also apply ice and heat on and off. 

We only did this in tournaments were we had to play again very soon. It’s for the quickest recovery possible.

Just wanted to share to calm down the doomers. Doesn’t have to mean he’s seriously injured (if that’s even him in the pic lol) 

59 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Now we'll run Barnes into the ground because we don't have back up in Gordon :banana:

This seems to be this season. Backup gets fucked, 1st team player gets fucked, backup player gets thrown in and gets fucked. Everything fucked, not just fucked, but proper fucked. 

Earlier this week I literally joked about Anderson being back being a bad thing, since that means one of our current CMs will get injured. Seems like it's bound to happen.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Earlier this week I literally joked about Anderson being back being a bad thing, since that means one of our current CMs will get injured. Seems like it's bound to happen.[emoji38]

We'll have to wait till Bruno's suspended to play him again then. Just to be on the safe side.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Rather not want to see him as a forward again. 

Thought he looked pretty good receiving the ball and laying it off. He was up against a ridiculously physical team too. He’s such a versatile player that I see him playing that role as a backup fairly well 

I thought he had a really good half. It was him that started the shit show for their second goal with that wayward pass to no one. A lot happened after that that was far worse, mind. 

Other than that, his movement was brilliant and I felt like he was clean through time and again. Yet we played the wrong pass or through ball to the wrong man. Interchanging of positions and when to come short or go long were all usually spot on. 

All that said, Wilson looked sharp and provided more of a focal point when he came on. He was happy to get involved with the physical stuff and won most of his battles. 

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

Thought he looked pretty good receiving the ball and laying it off. He was up against a ridiculously physical team too. He’s such a versatile player that I see him playing that role as a backup fairly well 

He is just too good coming from the wing imo.

On 30/01/2024 at 20:04, Disco said:

Often wonder if he was being half primed as being the replacement for Wilson and that was where Barnes fitted in. Especially away from home.

Long bump but wasn’t the whole England U21 camp talking about how he was going to be a #9/false 9 in the end?

Edited by cubaricho

22 hours ago, duo said:

Hopefully he was taken off / wearing boot as a precaution and no damage has been done. 

Pictures of him without the boot today 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Pictures of him without the boot today 

Where from? Good news anyway and I always thought it was totally precautionary but with our luck didn't want to be overly hopeful.

3 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Where from? Good news anyway and I always thought it was totally precautionary but with our luck didn't want to be overly hopeful.

Apparently he was in the metro centre. Just a twitter account but apparently said his ankle was "ok, but sore."

Seems we may have gotten away with it.

20 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Apparently he was in the metro centre. Just a twitter account but apparently said his ankle was "ok, but sore."

Seems we may have gotten away with it.

Delighted. Losing him for one or two games is acceptable, I just want him and Barnes, Miggy and Murph, Isak and Wilson ready and primed for the Blackburn game.