Anthony Gordon

Jack27

26 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Is he?

No I don’t think so - I’m sure the yellow card limits reset after Xmas don’t they?

edit - the above is incorrect, but I believe Gordon is on 9 now, so same situation as Bruno - 1 more and he has a 2 match ban. Unless they can get to match week 33 without picking one up.

Edited by NWMag

He's an absolute killer against teams who don't sit back, no suprise his record is amazing against the best teams in the league this season as they rightfully try and press forward 

He's brilliant and is such an important player for us

The injuries to the team has hurt him as he doesn't have the luxury of being rested and also has to conserve himself as he knows he's going to have to play 90 mins most games 

1 hour ago, RS said:

Suspended for 2 games??

no the 10 they put up when got booked was his shirt number,

i shit myself for a second but then remembered he was on 8 yellows coming into the game.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Often wonder if he was being half primed as being the replacement for Wilson and that was where Barnes fitted in. Especially away from home.

Hmmm, that’s an interesting take. We didn’t see him player centrally at all last season though did we?

Makes sense though; buying two first choice left wingers was a puzzling choice. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Hmmm, that’s an interesting take. We didn’t see him player centrally at all last season though did we?

Makes sense though; buying two first choice left wingers was a puzzling choice. 

Not an exact science and probably utter shit but having a fluid Gordon-Isak-Barnes is an all three can play all three.

Especially given how Gordon played there for England unders. 

Not what I’d prioritise but I can see the attraction and pretty much what Liverpool have currently.

4 hours ago, M1tche said:

He played 2 ridiculous passes as well, 1 switch in the 1st half and then a through ball to Murphy, which would have had him clean through but Martinez had a great starting point. He's an absolute gem 

Also one over the top to Isak when the ball was going out of play. Surprised everyone.

21 minutes ago, Disco said:

Not an exact science and probably utter shit but having a fluid Gordon-Isak-Barnes is an all three can play all three.

Especially given how Gordon played there for England unders. 

Not what I’d prioritise but I can see the attraction and pretty much what Liverpool have currently.

I thought before the season he’d play a lot on the right, which is why we were comfortable not bringing in an RW. And I think you’re right with the ability to move around the front three. We’ve just been robbed of seeing it.

I distinctly remember posting at the beginning of the season that we had such luxury of depth that Gordon could afford to run his bollocks off for 70 minutes knowing that good players would be there to replace him if he got tired.

What an idiot I was :lol: 

Edited by oldtype

6 hours ago, NWMag said:

No I don’t think so - I’m sure the yellow card limits reset after Xmas don’t they?

edit - the above is incorrect, but I believe Gordon is on 9 now, so same situation as Bruno - 1 more and he has a 2 match ban. Unless they can get to match week 33 without picking one up.

So Bruno is getting a 2 match ban soon? That is not ideal, he should’ve got that yellow now so he would miss the matches against Luton Town and Forest. 

Let’s face it, there is no way Bruno isn’t getting a yellow card in the next few games. I don’t even know how our midfield would look like with the current lineup, Almiron as a CM? 

He's more than just a wide forward/winger for us now. It's been said alot but £40M is fuck all for what he gives this team and how valuable his adaptability is with this injury horror show. 

If he's not in the England squad this summer he may as well fuck that off until Southgate leaves.

He's absolutely mint. He'd be such a pain in the arse to play against as well. Must be exhausting knowing he's coming back at you time and time again. 

He has everything. Tall, athletic, great control, super intelligent, amazing movement. Top top top player. 

I would probably have Foden in midfield for England rather than in the front 3. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 hours ago, NEEJ said:

He's absolutely mint. He'd be such a pain in the arse to play against as well. Must be exhausting knowing he's coming back at you time and time again. 

You don't know if he's coming short or long, inside or outside, must be almost impossible. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, that would be my front three too

or foden and bellingham behind kane with gordon on the left.

foden has been unbeleivable in midfield this season.

that game against us at maine road. fucking amazing performance. dont want him restricted.

Edited by huss9