Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Much better on the left. But then again, he was gassed for most of his time spent on the right. 

It’s a tricky one. As it would be good to get Barnes and him starting games together and Miggy has been poor since he got ill and not great for most of the season.  

I’m just not sure if we can get the best out of Gordon on the right. Albeit based on a very small sample size. 

Nice to have some options out wide again, anyway. 

He wasn't much cop in the first half on the left, to be fair. Very workmanlike and relatively indirect by his standards. Not a criticism of him personally as I'm a massive fan, by the way.

Felt like we just had an MO to control tempo as much as possible in the first half so there was a lot of safer passing, probably with Forest having played ET a few days prior as well as them doing us on the counter 6 weeks ago [emoji38]

Gordon G+A next weekend.

14 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Much better on the left. But then again, he was gassed for most of his time spent on the right. 

It’s a tricky one. As it would be good to get Barnes and him starting games together and Miggy has been poor since he got ill and not great for most of the season.  

I’m just not sure if we can get the best out of Gordon on the right. Albeit based on a very small sample size. 

Nice to have some options out wide again, anyway. 

I was thinking the same. Gordon is really effective at cutting inside from the left flank. 

When he turned a clearance/long ball from Botman into a corner. There is loads to his game like that, that won’t show up on the stats sheet. Works like an absolute dog. 

He even managed to win his usual amount of fouls. Which was quite impressive. Seeing as the ref was happy for both sides to kick the shit out of each other. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

Been out best player this season imo

Quite easily

He hasn't really had a bad game, he's had games where he's been absolutely knackered and it obviously shows but he is always a threat

Barnes returning should ease the workload on him (just a shame Murphy wasn't fit enough today to allow him to come off a bit earlier)

We have good options on the left. Now sort out the right hand side attack in the summer once and for all please. Don’t like Gordon on the right based on what I’ve seen for us and Everton. 

20 minutes ago, Sima said:

We'd be lauhging if one of Barnes or Gordon were as effective on the right.

I agree, but I just can’t see it. Plus it would be nice with some more creativity and flair on one flank.  Especially if we don’t look to play a more creative midfielder. Really hope we do go for Désiré Doue in the summer. Creative, technical and versatile. Is athletic and good at carrying the ball too. We miss something between midfield and attack at times. Having a shorter passing option from deep midfield for Bruno to pass into between the lines at times without Isak having to come too deep would do wonders for us. Also give us some depth forward once we win the ball back in defence. We struggle to gain control of possession way too often once we’ve been too deep. 

Edited by Ikon

22 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely loved seeing all those moments lined up. What a season he’s having, and in difficult circumstances given the absence of big hitters around him much of the time. Think how good could he be next season! 

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If he improves his ball control/technique so he can more consistently control the ball at high speed, and learns how to dribble past players in different ways than knocking the ball past them and beating them for pace, he will be one of the best players in the world.

If he got an injury today that permanently took away some of his explosiveness and reduced his top speed I'm not sure if he would be good enough to play for any team in the PL.

His pace, stamina, strength, work rate and off the ball movement/ability to work in our system is currently what makes him a great player for us.

15 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If he got an injury today that permanently took away some of his explosiveness and reduced his top speed I'm not sure if he would be good enough to play for any team in the PL.

His pace, stamina, strength, work rate and off the ball movement/ability to work in our system is currently what makes him a great player for us.

Steady on... He's a lot more than that. Part of what's good about him is I think he's one of the players that will find a way to play and adapt to his circumstances as his career develops. He'll be evolving when he's 31 where others never change after 21.

I mean yeah, if you take away his work rate and off the ball intelligence it would damage him badly, but you're talking about a different player at that point.