Anthony Gordon

Jack27

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

PL only:
Grealish P14 G3 A1

Gordon P26 G9 A5

Yeah I was arguing with a Liverpool fan who said Grealish is better, and argued that Grealish hasn't played as much as Gordon.

23 hours ago, Nine said:

Where are my internet points?

Pretty damn good prediction. But I would say that many were getting positive about him after his England U21 performances, and also the fact that he spent the summer getting in shape for the next season. Many were hopeful of him before the season, but don't think many could've predicted that he would be this good and this consistent.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah I was arguing with a Liverpool fan who said Grealish is better, and argued that Grealish hasn't played as much as Gordon.

I'm convinced that Grealish will fall pretty quickly after 30, the guy doesn't really seem to take care of himself all that much. I saw a Q&A with him and Haaland, and yeah.. Their diet is quite different to say the least.:lol: And then the excessive drinking comes on top of that, not that it happens often, but it is telling of the character.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Pretty damn good prediction. But I would say that many were getting positive about him after his England U21 performances, and also the fact that he spent the summer getting in shape for the next season. Many were hopeful of him before the season, but don't think many could've predicted that he would be this good and this consistent.

Yeah, the consistency of his finishing specifically. I thought he would be this good at it next season, and a bit more erratic this time around. Best part is I think he's got quite a lot more improvement to come on that side of things. I think he'll be properly feared one day.

Edited by 80

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Man City the best one?

Yeah.

But good to see him getting plenty ‘Sterling’ tap ins at the back post from balls across the box.

30 minutes ago, 54 said:

So he has scored in this season against Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea. 

got to score against Spurs to complete the list. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Ah fuck man, he's just something else isn't he? What a player. 

Love our little rat like, was so so wrong about him.

I was in such a little huff when we signed him and I thought we’d wasted money.

5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

PL only:
Grealish P14 G3 A1

Gordon P26 G9 A5

So he's better than grealish? Awesome. Sell him to City for £150m! FFP sorted. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I never understood people being against it. He came at 22 nowhere near the finished article but plenty of scope to improve. 

I think it was because of what happened at Everton. He didn't show up at training once because they didn't sell him to Chelsea or something.

So they turned on him big time.

Worked out for us though.

I didn't want him at all, couldn't see why we'd pay so much for a player I'd only seen glimpses of, and had mainly thought of as a diving cheat.

But my word how wrong I was. He's been an absolute beacon of hope this difficult season and far surpassed what I'd hoped for. Superb.

On 21/01/2023 at 10:28, nufcnick said:

There is a player there with the right coaching, I dont care what anyone says. Plus our Shithouseary will go to the next level 

My post when it was looking likely he would sign, think I was one of the only ones that was quite happy he signed 

Edited by nufcnick

1 hour ago, Joe1984 said:

I think it was because of what happened at Everton. He didn't show up at training once because they didn't sell him to Chelsea or something.

So they turned on him big time.

Worked out for us though.

This is one of the areas where I think Howe really shines, man management. He went from seeming like a spoilt entitled brat to becoming a humble guy with an excellent mindset, in just months. Huge turnaround, not just on the pitch, but also mentally. I know you could argue that he wasn't treated well at Everton by their fans, but there was also that incident last season where he was going berserk for being subbed off in the last minute.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

This is one of the parts where I think Howe really shines, man management. He went from seeming like a spoilt entitled brat to becoming a humble guy with an excellent mindset, in just months. Huge turnaround, not just on the pitch, but also mentally.

Ritchie had a quiet word with him. He pulled a mini strop after being taken off in one of his earlier games.

That being said credit to Anthony too. Plenty of players ignore good advice and throw their career away.