Anthony Gordon

Jack27

14 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We're running away with the title with plenty of games to spare.

Screenshot_20240311_223330_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb045394d0b515130272b81de3ef923a.jpg

And Gary Neville compared our injuries to man u and spurs, not even close mate.

3 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I'd say they are pretty similar to be fair in terms of impactful players missing.

5 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Yeah, I'm beyond sick of hearing "they've had injuries but..."

It's all a bit "but how was the rest of the play Mrs Lincoln?"

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'd say they are pretty similar to be fair in terms of impactful players missing.

Not really, especially when you add Tonali too.

2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Injury is our identity 

Came here to say pretty much exactly the same thing.

Training with 100% intensity is fine if you're just playing 38 PL games and a domestic cup game here and there, and able to take a rest when other teams are playing in Europe. 

But with our CL commitments this season, I think many of us were quite rightly asking the question before the season started as to how Howe was going to approach this season as anyone could see training with and playing with 100% intensity every single time, with our full court press style, wasn't going to last. I'm not surprised at all with how bad it's been. Correlation does not mean causation, there's other factors as well of course, but playing nearly the same unchanged XI every game and not protecting players when given the opportunity is something I'm disappointed with Howe about. Using your full squad of players is basics at the high levels we're aiming for. There's definitely some aspects to squad management that Howe needs to go away and take stock of for next season.

There's a reason that the best teams in the country just don't simply out-run their opponents like we often did last season, because they can't do it every game with the schedules they have to keep. If we're going to mix it up with the big boys, we need a quality-focused approach rather than simply running teams off the park.

2 hours ago, HawK said:

Training with 100% intensity is fine if you're just playing 38 PL games and a domestic cup game here and there, and able to take a rest when other teams are playing in Europe. 

But with our CL commitments this season, I think many of us were quite rightly asking the question before the season started as to how Howe was going to approach this season as anyone could see training with and playing with 100% intensity every single time, with our full court press style, wasn't going to last. I'm not surprised at all with how bad it's been. Correlation does not mean causation, there's other factors as well of course, but playing nearly the same unchanged XI every game and not protecting players when given the opportunity is something I'm disappointed with Howe about. Using your full squad of players is basics at the high levels we're aiming for. There's definitely some aspects to squad management that Howe needs to go away and take stock of for next season.

There's a reason that the best teams in the country just don't simply out-run their opponents like we often did last season, because they can't do it every game with the schedules they have to keep. If we're going to mix it up with the big boys, we need a quality-focused approach rather than simply running teams off the park.

Klopp did the same thing at Dortmund and Liverpool... with his ultra press, lung bursting playing style.

Both went off the rails when players were burnt out but he has managed to build a stronger squad that he can rotate or bring in quality youngsters.

We are not there yet with either the squad or the academy graduates

3 hours ago, HawK said:

Basically 1 domino fell in Barnes vs Sheff United, and then everything started collapsing coupled with Tonali's ban.

4 hours ago, TRC said:

Not sure I agree 

Tonali season 

Big Joe 2/3rds

Willock - 2/3rds

Botman - 3 months

Barnes - 5 months

Pope - 4 months 

Targett - 5 months

Anderson - 4 months 

Isak/Wilson - every other week

Gordon - 6 months 

it’s been relentless 

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Hopefully wrong but just heard seven months FFS

I wish he could at least get pre season in...

58 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Klopp did the same thing at Dortmund and Liverpool... with his ultra press, lung bursting playing style.

Both went off the rails when players were burnt out but he has managed to build a stronger squad that he can rotate or bring in quality youngsters.

But going hand in hand with the high intensity press is an ability to keep the ball when it's won, we don't do that, we just don't have the quality. So the amount of out-of-possession running is multiplied by our lack of technical ability on the ball. Liverpool and Dortmund have and had much greater quality across their squad to retain the ball. 

7 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think that is bs. It normally takes a couple of days for the swelling to go down before you can get a scan and a result? 

That was my thought.

Horrific news if true though.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Rumours come from NUFC Gallowgate from what I seen on twitter earlier. God knows if he's ITK or not 

He is not ITK

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Key with Klopp, they played in bursts. Like they would have a relentless press for 15-20 mins in a game, then change it and either sit off the ball or control possession.

We can’t drop off (just concede) and can’t control possession well. Two areas need improving that can go alongside a press.