Anthony Gordon

Jack27

“We’re told so often that the intangible and often fluctuating attribute of confidence is such an important factor for elite footballers but that’s one area where Anthony Gordon has never been found lacking.

Early last season, the then still teenage Scouser was knocking on three times Champions League-winning manager Carlo Ancelotti’s door to ask why he’d been left out of the Everton squad on the opening weekend of the campaign.

On that occasion the Italian – not particularly well known for placing his faith in youth – nevertheless claimed that he “loved” that kind of attitude from the Blues home grown hero”

Edited by PauloGeordio

14 hours ago, TK-421 said:

That was a good watch, AG comes across really well, a pretty grounded down to earth lad. Also as someone esle said, Neville is really good at these more informal interviews he does. Remember a similar one of these with Alan Shearer too, which was also decent. 

Yep, really surprised me as i also had the scouse caricature in my head! What an amazing professional, really glad we are buying top professionals with superb attitudes...

like he said; only way is up:smitten:

3 hours ago, buzza said:

Yep, really surprised me as i also had the scouse caricature in my head! What an amazing professional, really glad we are buying top professionals with superb attitudes...

like he said; only way is up:smitten:

The club has done a great job of hiring players with the right mentality overall. Aided and abetted by many of our legacy players like Lascelles and Ritchie, in fairness to them.

Edited by 80

He comes across really well, got his head screwed on. Irritating Neville spent so much time or kept coming back to that one subject mind. How many times did he say 'I dont think I've met a footballer like you before' ... 

Even at Everton it was clear he would give anything to succeed, maybe he was trying too hard at times. 

That's why I was fully on board with the signing, he was easy to dislike but mainly because he would do anything to help Everton win. Seems like Howe has successfully managed to moderate the instincts he had and get him on the right path. Class lad. 

Hope he has a blinder tonight.

That video is pretty incredible really when you think about it.  How many players of his age, or older, do you ever hear speaking with such clarity and maturity. 

We should seriously be thinking about a new and improved contract for this lad very soon.  On a par with Isak and Bruno now IMO in terms of value to us, and in the transfer market (well maybe in another year or so). 

19 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Hope he has a blinder tonight.

That video is pretty incredible really when you think about it.  How many players of his age, or older, do you ever hear speaking with such clarity and maturity. 

We should seriously be thinking about a new and improved contract for this lad very soon.  On a par with Isak and Bruno now IMO in terms of value to us, and in the transfer market (well maybe in another year or so). 

Botman was heading that way before his knee injury. Hopefully he can recover to the form he had last season. 

1 hour ago, Elliottman said:

He comes across really well, got his head screwed on. Irritating Neville spent so much time or kept coming back to that one subject mind. How many times did he say 'I dont think I've met a footballer like you before' ... 

Came in to say exactly this.  It was a great listen, otherwise.  

Maybe he was generally just that shocked and surprised by it.  Which is a compliment to Gordon, as he did come across totally differently to how he is portrayed and how I perceived him to be.  Plus it sounds as if not many footballers are actually like that.  It all felt a but forced and cringe by the end of it.  He was stuck on repeat and it got fucking annoying after the 3rd time.  Nearly unbearable by the 10th :lol: 

Captain material this lad.

absolutely chuffed we have so many players capable of captaining the side now.

Trippier

Lascelles

Burn

Schar

Big Joe

Gordon

Bruno 

Longstaff 

Edited by nufcjb

away from home he's not the same player but I suppose that's symptomatic of whole team - home and away like night and day 

he needs to stop getting booked for dissent - I thought he got the ball but the way he wouldn't STFU at the ref was moronic and will cost us 

too many stupid bookings and that suspension he got against us Everton probably cost us two points 

infuriating performance tonight

Thought he was one of our better players. Anonymous in most of the first half, but worked himself into the game and dictated a lot of any decent tempo we had. Certainly not his best performance, but he didn't have much to work with around him.

Edited by 80

Didn’t seem to know where he was supposed to be playing. Absolutely nailed on he was going to be shite after that interview came out, he’s pure Newcastle now.

Just now, Disco said:

Didn’t seem to know where he was supposed to be playing. Absolutely nailed on he was going to be shite after that interview came out, he’s pure Newcastle now.

yeah the number of people that had been suggesting that, and it happened.

crazy.

one-off.

just not quite on it today.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Always makes me anxious when players give interviews like that. It was impressive/nice to hear mind, but triggered my NUFC superstitions. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Always makes me anxious when players give interviews like that. It was impressive/nice to hear mind, but triggered my NUFC superstitions. 

It’s obviously bollocks and it happened a few weeks back like but we’re an afflicted fanbase so we all know what will happen.

Doesn't look like he can play on the right and he certainly prefers not too. Barnes can only play on the left and we knew that when we bought him. A pretty typical Newcastle conundrum and self inflicted lack of joined up thinking. 

9 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Doesn't look like he can play on the right and he certainly prefers not too. Barnes can only play on the left and we knew that when we bought him. A pretty typical Newcastle conundrum and self inflicted lack of joined up thinking. 

you are such a clown