Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Brilliant video, got a bit of everything you wanted to see. Schar stealing the show ofcourse with he reply to Gordon.

Seems a genuine lad, obviously happy to be here and hopefully that will come through in his performances. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Brilliant to see him watching the video about the history of the club. 

That was good to see. Also just before that history video started they'd obviously been watching something regarding the project here and what plans they have for the future.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Those clips look incredibly professional man.

Can't even imagine what it was like under Mike Ashley :lol:

You probably can imagine: just close your eyes and think about what you do when your partner invites a new friend around for dinner? You put a bit of effort in, cook your favourite bolognese dish or whatever, use the posh plates and cutlery, make the odd spillage in the kitchen, or when setting down the plates on the table, make nervous uninformed chit chat. It’s all okay but frankly amateurish. That was Ashley’s United, pay the people as little as possible and provide no resources so that their output is no better than an amateur’s. 

(No offence if you’re a top notch cook and host, I’m more commenting on me to be fair!)

I suppose this shows the power of good club media/presentations - and, to be fair, Gordon's personality...

...but I've never had this quick of a change of heart on a player. I'm so impressed with his demeanor and the way he handled himself with all the players. Fuck it, I'm all in.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Weird how the fans have been split on him but I've never been more convinced that the fans will love him.

First few tackles etc and we will be all in.

I must admit I was right in the “anyone but Gordon brigade” but I’ve completely turned like the fickle but loyal newcastle supporter I am. Helps I have experience of doing that with Bellamy, although I was aided by the fact he was from Cardiff like me so easier to like him!

Demanding deluding c*nt that I am/we are, I'm actually thrilled with the behind the scenes professionalism as much as anything.

Just now, STM said:

Weird how the fans have been split on him but I've never been more convinced that the fans will love him.

First few tackles etc and we will be all in.

He'll be closer to Venison (speaking of signing players that split the fanbase, from Merseyside and have dodgy blonde hair) and Mickey Quinn than a Kevin Dillon

All so normal and professional seeming for a well-run PL club. Welcoming a young lad to a new club with friendly, professional people everywhere you look, nice introductions to the area with quality well-made media. Imagine what it was like before?

"Aye aalreet Anthony? Gan and find yersel a peg in that room ower there. We might have a kickabout in a bit. Day off the morra. And the next day. Come back Friday mebbe"

18 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I suppose this shows the power of good club media/presentations - and, to be fair, Gordon's personality...

...but I've never had this quick of a change of heart on a player. I'm so impressed with his demeanor and the way he handled himself with all the players. Fuck it, I'm all in.

And it begins ... 

I give you credit for flipping quickly.

Going to be far more cringe worthy when he starts performing on the pitch and folks start stuttering and back pedalling.