Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 minutes ago, christ said:

Not necessarily. If the sale is driven by a PSR concern it’s not going to be available, at least on the same terms, once we address the shortfall. The idea we might sell someone else and suddenly Minteh’s not available could put pressure on interested teams.

That's a stretch. More likely other teams will think we need to sell so knock down the price.

This would actually be soul crushing. He's the epitome of everything I love about this current side, works his socks off, already lethal but with massive potential to grow, good head on his shoulders. His redemption arc after how things finished at Everton - I'd be devastated to lose him.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fascinating we're leaking this and the Isak rumours though. 

Clearly part of a strategy, but no idea if it's to cushion the blow of losing "lesser" players or it's bigger picture stuff.

Absolutely selling a hot prospect or one of our own wouldn’t exactly go down well; frame it as selling them or a gem and people are like ok get rid. :lol:

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fascinating we're leaking this and the Isak rumours though. 

Clearly part of a strategy, but no idea if it's to cushion the blow of losing "lesser" players or it's bigger picture stuff.

Absolutely selling a hot prospect or one of our own wouldn’t exactly go down well; frame it as selling them or a gem and people are like ok get rid. :lol:

still reckon the plan was to shove Miggy off to Saudi and him saying nah, your alreet has really fucked us over. 

28 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

still reckon the plan was to shove Miggy off to Saudi and him saying nah, your alreet has really fucked us over. 

He will be the lightning rod for a lot of ire. It would be in his best interests to move on.

Anyone giving Miggy shit for not wanting to move to Saudi fucking Arabia needs to look at themselves. He's not under obligation to move himself and his young family out to the desert just because it suits his employer. If the club has gotten into a situation when we need to sell to avoid sanctions, that's on the club, not any individual.

15 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Anyone giving Miggy shit for not wanting to move to Saudi fucking Arabia needs to look at themselves. He's not under obligation to move himself and his young family out to the desert just because it suits his employer. If the club has gotten into a situation when we need to sell to avoid sanctions, that's on the club, not any individual.

was never gonna happen.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t believe the rumours at all. Imo the club is putting this out to show what a shitshow PSR is and to soften the blow of selling Minteh. 

This is what I’m pinning it on too, or even Wilson, Trippier or Longstaff. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

This is what I’m pinning it on too, or even Wilson, Trippier or Longstaff. 

Think they will be sold after the PSR deadline. Clubs think they have us by the balls with our PSR situation and will be offering well below market value for players they know we want rid of. 

It’s more the players we want to keep that we will get some sort of value for. Clubs will see potential for talent like Miley, Anderson, Minteh and make a decent offer. 

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Guy is an Avengers level threat to society, but I can see what he's trying to say. 

Club will claim they tried to sell players, but other clubs were aware of whatever preceived financial constraints were on NUFC due to PSR and lowballed on deals. 

I can also imagine that Luke Edwards strangles cats in some alternative reality. 

Does he not just mean that we're trying to put out stories like this to show how fucking ridiculous this whole PSR thing is?