[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

9 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

What are the club Wembley fans going to do about the ban on wearing club colours? 

Im thinking about wearing a Newcastle under layer that I can have on display at the end for the victory party. I might wear the grey 80s away top to be a bit extra cautious. Can only see the sections we’re in here being totally dominated by toon fans so imagine it’ll be quite partisan - but sounds like they’ll be strict on entry 

15 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

What are the club Wembley fans going to do about the ban on wearing club colours? 

Kevin Keegan black and white t-shirt (discreetly covered on entry), Ginola socks and B&W briefs (discreetly covered at all times… possibly). 

Actually dreamt about watching this game on Sky last night.

Nice work down the right led to a shot from the left by ASM only to be blocked. Shout, whistle and ref pointing to the spot.

Suddenly all sky channels break down and I’m stuck with some random channel which isn’t showing the game where in the studio Garth Crooks is speculating whether a ghost moved the ball onto the Man Utd player’s hand.

anyway I learn from this channel that we score the penalty and then score another.

somehow I then get on the Wembley pitch just after full time and we have won 2-0.

Eddie Howe is about to be interviewed but Staveley grabs the mic and gives a concert performance to the fans, singing Queen songs with a male voice.

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Kevin Keegan black and white t-shirt (discreetly covered on entry), Ginola socks and B&W briefs (discreetly covered at all times… possibly). 

I’’m putting my Newcastle shirt on under a dress shirt for before and after the game. Gutted I can’t waive my scarf. 

12 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

Anyone know how easy it is to use the lifts in Wembley? My father in law will not make it up those steps, but all it seems to say on the website is that there is lifts! No rules on who can use them!

there are escalators to every level from memory. 

46 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I’’m putting my Newcastle shirt on under a dress shirt for before and after the game. Gutted I can’t waive my scarf. 

I know! Was thinking of putting through the arms of my coat for a celebratory or otherwise appreciative twirl at the end ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

238. Buzzing to be in Newcastle end of the ground 

143 for me, get in lads. I'm so fucking excited for this!  Brown skin, of indian heritage, American accent, will be with my white wife. Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by Kanji

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im thinking about wearing a Newcastle under layer that I can have on display at the end for the victory party. I might wear the grey 80s away top to be a bit extra cautious. Can only see the sections we’re in here being totally dominated by toon fans so imagine it’ll be quite partisan - but sounds like they’ll be strict on entry 

I mean, surely "no club colours" is tough to police right? Like they aren't going to be getting hot and bothered if I'm wearing a plain black or white long sleeve t-shirt/sweater and jeans? 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I mean, surely "no club colours" is tough to police right? Like they aren't going to be getting hot and bothered if I'm wearing a plain black or white long sleeve t-shirt/sweater and jeans? 

There’s some blurb, you’ve probs seen… ‘Club colours and are not permitted in any Club Wembley area, and should they be worn, you may be refused entry or be removed from the stadium for your own safety - you will not be entitled to a refund should his happen.

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes club hats and scarves as well as items of clothing in the colours of either team.’

They surely can’t refuse entry if you’re in normal clothes which happen to be/include b&w?

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There’s some blurb, you’ve probs seen… ‘Club colours and are not permitted in any Club Wembley area, and should they be worn, you may be refused entry or be removed from the stadium for your own safety - you will not be entitled to a refund should his happen.

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes club hats and scarves as well as items of clothing in the colours of either team.’

They surely can’t refuse entry if you’re in normal clothes which happen to be/include b&w?

Yeah, that was my thought - surely they can't say no to a plain black t-shirt or hoodie or something like that? I mean, I could easily wear a dark grey or white one to be "safe" but my puffer jacket is black ffs :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Yeah, that was my thought - surely they can't say no to a plain black t-shirt or hoodie or something like that? I mean, I could easily wear a dark grey or white one to be "safe" but my puffer jacket is black ffs :lol: 

F4770901-B7E5-4FBA-A4D2-C84AD8E5556E.thumb.jpeg.3115ac9bd16cf20a1d7e86d38960570b.jpeg
Just in case a bit of celebratory scarf twirling is required at full time… round back of shoulders and tucked down arms. Could even tie on some mittens for the hell of it! 

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Might email club Wembley and see if they can print me out a ticket stub for the day. It’s nerdy as fuck but if we were to somehow win then I’d want to get it framed alongside the match programme.

I feel weird about the ticket I have printed and having to scan it; always gives me an unnecessary amount of anxiety @Superior Acuña :lol: you? 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

F4770901-B7E5-4FBA-A4D2-C84AD8E5556E.thumb.jpeg.3115ac9bd16cf20a1d7e86d38960570b.jpeg
Just in case a bit of celebratory scarf twirling is required at full time… round back of shoulders and tucked down arms. Could even tie on some mittens for the hell of it! 

I'll twirl me undies