[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Ah man, that got me going. I'm going to be a fucking mess on Sunday. 

Almost 24 years since fresh faced teenaged me saw us lose those 2 F.A Cup finals and now we're finally back.

It's been a long fucking wait, HOWAY! :indi: 

Been too busy to follow this thread but is there any big screen option in Newcastle? I'm very close to booking flights from Finland for the weekend but would like an insurance plan if the N-O meet up bar is full already.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Been too busy to follow this thread but is there any big screen option in Newcastle? I'm very close to booking flights from Finland for the weekend but would like an insurance plan if the N-O meet up bar is full already.

No big screen but plenty places have events on. Seemingly need tickets for some of them though, so would ensure you’ve got some sorted before the day. Town will be ridiculously busy and if we win it’ll be some experience. 

Think I'm quite comfortable with us being the underdog now.  Had we been favourites, these players would have been under massive pressure to deliver. And had it been against a lesser calibre team and we did not win when we were expected to, then we'd probably be a bit down in morale towards the end of the season run-in.

Now that we're the underdog, the lads can play to their absolute limit with slightly less pressure. Say we win, it'll be a great achievement and a reflection of the club's overall change and improvement these oast 18 months or so. Say we do not get the result we want, hopefully it gives the players and coaching team added hunger and motivation for us to try achieve the highest place finish possible at the end of the season.

Edited by nufcjb

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

:lol: Nerves are slowly getting in now. As the work week is all but done for me. I’ll be wfh tomorrow so will be thinking about all of this. Still, though, the 8 hour overseas flight and the train to London, then to the hotel, then to the match, all the types of “I hope I get there on time. I hope my ticket works” will add to the general anxiousness of Sunday. Bloody hell!

Enjoy as much of the journey and build-up as you can, mate. You’re one of the people going to so much trouble to physically get there, try and not let your head be anywhere else than in the moment. This could be our day. Reminds me of this… 

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

Rashford’s Instagram. did he get injured?

image.thumb.png.cc2f1d61a07fe02a2d40c000465c4190.png

That would be a very strange thing to post if he was fine, having just beaten Barcelona.

And he did come off for treatment just before he got subbed…

1 minute ago, DoricGinola said:

With that lot having 4 matches in 10 days or whatever it is I'm hoping our general fitness levels might be an advantage later in the game if required.

I hope that too. Hopefully this can be the time it actually makes a difference. It always feels like when we have stacked games it matters when the opposition does they look like they are as fresh as a daisy!