[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, r0cafella said:

Fair play, but knowing you trolling will be in order if you lot win, you won’t be able to resist :lol:

Nah I know where to draw the line. :lol:  Defeat in the league is frustrating, but a cup final is something different entirely. Emotions are going to be through the roof.

Will probably just avoid the place completely win, lose or draw on Sunday. I don't think any good comes from me posting regardless of the result. :lol:

Back to the grind on Monday.

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Those saying we have no chance need a word with themselves. We’re not favourites but we’ve been great this season and definitely have a good chance of winning.

It will be tough, we have a chance because our manager has created a fantastic culture but despite what Man United fans say they have had huge investment over the last 3 decades so we have a lot of work to do to compete in all areas. 

We are the hardest team to beat in the entire league, have lost by 2 goals once all season and that was with 10 men, don't get why anyone thinks we have no chance. Man United obviously have better players and a better team but we will make it so hard for them to win, it's going to be so tight and whoever wins it will likely be by one goal, I can actually see it going all the way to penalties.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We are the hardest team to beat in the entire league, have lost by 2 goals once all season and that was with 10 men, don't get why anyone thinks we have no chance. Man United obviously have better players and a better team but we will make it so hard for them to win, it's going to be so tight and whoever wins it will likely be by one goal, I can actually see it going all the way to penalties.

More and more convinced every day it’s going to pens TBH

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I think it’s pre game nerves plus a dip in our form giving people the jitters. Of course we have a chance this should go without saying. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Those saying we have no chance need a word with themselves. We’re not favourites but we’ve been great this season and definitely have a good chance of winning.

14 years of Ashley has drummed it in to us. It’s hard to change that mentality overnight.

Thankfully Eddie and the squad aren’t made of the brittle stuff that we all are.

The nee chance doom mongers man, give it a rest. Can you imagine what the local lads have been saying to their team mates this week, they'll be gods if they pull this off. Some folk choosing to ignore the damage we are capable of inflicting on teams when we turn it on, just because we have been misfiring in front of goal recently, plenty of chances still being created. If we turn up I'm expecting quite a thrilling encounter, HTL

8 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Were going to need a massive upset like

Na sorry don't agree with that, we went to Man U with basically the same team (Please don't start picking holes in that) should of beaten them, aye ok they have picked up a bit but Howe will have a plan, books have got Man U 8/13 & Newcastle 6/4 to lift the trophy, theres tiny %ages in that, the game is a lot more even than many of Newcastle fans are allowing themselves to believe, were at least as good as Man U over 90 mins at a neutral ground & prob better when you compare our 1st half season form.

Personally I think were going to surprise them & IMO were going to be a lot more committed to challenges, hungrier & will compete harder than them, we will beat these fuckers im convinced.

31 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nah I know where to draw the line. :lol:  Defeat in the league is frustrating, but a cup final is something different entirely. Emotions are going to be through the roof.

Will probably just avoid the place completely win, lose or draw on Sunday. I don't think any good comes from me posting regardless of the result. :lol:

Back to the grind on Monday.

Stop being so tactful please.  You're making it hard to dislike you and I really need to dislike man u fans at the moment. 

Edited by Wilson

9 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

14 years of Ashley has drummed it in to us. It’s hard to change that mentality overnight.

Thankfully Eddie and the squad aren’t made of the brittle stuff that we all are.

I appreciate the point but we’ve been really really good for more than a year [emoji38].

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Stop being so tactful please.  You're making it hard to dislike you and I really need to dislike man u fans at the moment. 

Give it time. When I've a few Rockshore Light into me I might start acting the big 'un.

12 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Na sorry don't agree with that, we went to Man U with basically the same team (Please don't start picking holes in that) should of beaten them, aye ok they have picked up a bit but Howe will have a plan, books have got Man U 8/13 & Newcastle 6/4 to lift the trophy, theres tiny %ages in that, the game is a lot more even than many of Newcastle fans are allowing themselves to believe, were at least as good as Man U over 90 mins at a neutral ground & prob better when you compare our 1st half season form.

Personally I think were going to surprise them & IMO were going to be a lot more committed to challenges, hungrier & will compete harder than them, we will beat these fuckers im convinced.

We actually had the fridge up front down there too. 

38 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Lost two games all season and all of a sudden we’ve got no chance. Insane. 

9 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Were at least as good as them, the nearer the game comes its natural for nerves to show but honestly its a coin flip this game & I think were hungrier than a lot realise.

We win this 

Aye that’s another big factor. We want this massively, not saying they don’t but it’s about the size of the fight in the dog etc. 

Annoying that they’ve managed to become both really difficult to beat but also play good football. I was a big fan of the Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole years. Anyway, if we win it’ll feel like even more of an achievement and I genuinely think we’ve got a really good chance

These lot have ruled out an open top bus parade if they win and their fans are agreeing with it and saying it’s not a real trophy etc.

Cunts should be thrown out just for that.

Edited by Stifler