[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Let’s just hope we’ve been sandbagging a bit.

We have to manage spells in this game when they will be bringing whatever energy they have, but you can tell they’ll fade a bit if we can ride those spells out.

We will get chances but they will be rightful favourites based on form.

Both of their goals came after Barca giving away possession near the box.. let’s try and avoid that..

It's going to take an incredible effort but we can do it. If you told me that, by the end of the game, we'll have scored as many goals as our xG says, I'd feel confident that that meant we won. It's this farcical sudden inability to finish effectively that has knocked our form moreso than anything this calendar year. 

One thing I've noticed is these fuckers are masters at time wasting. Considering their fans had the cheek to claim that's all we do, their team does it a serious amount everytime I've watched them.

If they go ahead then we'll need to try not play into their hands.

7 minutes ago, alexf said:

One thing I've noticed is these fuckers are masters at time wasting. Considering their fans had the cheek to claim that's all we do, their team does it a serious amount everytime I've watched them.

If they go ahead then we'll need to try not play into their hands.

Team full of Argentines, Portuguese and Brazilians. They’d all stab opposition players in the eyes for the chance to win a sniff of a piss stained 20p.

Got a lot of nasty bastards in their team which can be a good or bad thing depending on how it goes. 

Would happily take a red or two if we’re 2/3 down in the last 5 mins. 

On 16/02/2023 at 07:59, maybe_next_year said:

Bit the bullet and bought one in the Newcastle end. Not going to believe its legit until I actually get through the turnstile. 

Did look at the Club Wembley option but with it being a minimum 3 year term, I couldn't justify committing to that. 

Looks like the seller has cancelled my purchase, gutting. Worst thing is, I think it probably means the person selling has probably found a much better offer for their ticket. 

4 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Looks like the seller has cancelled my purchase, gutting. Worst thing is, I think it probably means the person selling has probably found a much better offer for their ticket. 

If you’ve got their details pass on all your communications to Club Wembley.

See how much better the offer they have is then…

29 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Ah ffs. Sorry to hear this man. Have you managed to get your money back at least?

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

I feel weird about the ticket I have printed and having to scan it; always gives me an unnecessary amount of anxiety @Superior Acuña :lol: you? 

I know what you mean. But would be anxious about losing a regular physical ticket, or my phone dying on a digital one. I'm just going to be a mess either way til the game's over or we're 4 up. :lol:

Tomorrows going to be a drag, get me on that Saturday morning train man.

Managed to put it out my mind most the week, and convince myself we’re big outsiders, but found myself making a brew in the office today daydreaming about “what if..?”

35 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I know what you mean. But would be anxious about losing a regular physical ticket, or my phone dying on a digital one. I'm just going to be a mess either way til the game's over or we're 4 up. :lol:

:lol: Nerves are slowly getting in now. As the work week is all but done for me. I’ll be wfh tomorrow so will be thinking about all of this. Still, though, the 8 hour overseas flight and the train to London, then to the hotel, then to the match, all the types of “I hope I get there on time. I hope my ticket works” will add to the general anxiousness of Sunday. Bloody hell!