[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Nerves are well and truly setting in now.

That being said, I fully expect Karius to have the game of his life, Bruno to score an absolute worldie, Joelinton to go through Fernandes like a truck and beautiful Eddie to have tears when he lifts the trophy above his head. 

This is our time. Let’s fucking go!

Rashford clearly had a bit of a limp coming off but it seems very likely he just got a kick at some point.

Probably have some mild bruising this morning and be fine for Sunday after a couple of days rest.

Half chance they put him on the bench if he's also a bit jaded but I'd be surprised, he's such a key player for them and winning a trophy in his first season would be big for Ten Haag.

They may have played Thursday but have much more quality off the bench. We need Isak and Willock off the bench later in the game when it’s stretched. Massive that Willock is fit to play as this could go all the way to extra time. Think it’ll be attritional and Wembley has a habit of knackering players over the 90 mins, whether it’s the adrenalin or what the subs could decide this.

I predict Rashford doesn’t start and Man U look to put us away on the break in 2nd half, could go anyway but we’ve simply got to start taking our chances as we’ll need to score at least 2 to win this.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

These lot have ruled out an open top bus parade if they win and their fans are agreeing with it and saying it’s not a real trophy etc.

Cunts should be thrown out just for that.

With their schedule and the fact they've won every trophy going multiple, multiple times in my lifetime then it makes perfect sense for them not to have a parade. Entirely different kettle of fish for us.

As for not a real trophy clearly that's bollocks, it is a major trophy. But it's not as special as the FA Cup and nobody will ever, ever convince me otherwise.

9 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I'd love this to be right, but the idea that Manchester United will start slowly in a Wembley final just seems ridiculous :lol:

Started slow in two European games against Barcelona to be fair. :lol:

12 minutes ago, RS said:

Manu obviously favourites here but at least we have a chance this time. Was expecting an easy victory for them the last 2 Wembley visits against them. 

I think the result comes down to how we cope with the occasion as much as how Man United play.

There’s definitely been an air of after the Lord Mayor’s show about our performances since the semifinal. As much as Howe has talked about the focus being on the next game we’ve turned up some really uncharacteristic performances both collectively and individually, and I think that’s because Wembley’s hanging over us. Could be nerves, could be getting complacent. Who knows, but I don’t think it’s an accident our form has tailed off over the last three games.

The team that keeps its head wins on Sunday. That concerns me as I don’t think we’ve the big game experience that Man United do but there seems to be quite a bit of pressure on them too.

It still feels like the draw is a strong runner here, I can't see there being much in it at all.

We're a big physical side, who won't offer the same kind of space that Barcelona afforded them. If recent games are anything to go by, they do give you chances in the first 20-30 minutes. If they do so here it's absolutely vital that we take them. We can't afford to be missing chances at the rate that we have been of late. 

On the other hand those balls over the top are a worry. I'd hope after Liverpool, we aren't too aggressive with the press and drop off a yard or two to counter that. 

It's a really interesting match up and recent Wembley finals have tended to be close, low scoring affairs. I think it'll be similar here. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We're a big physical side, who won't offer the same kind of space that Barcelona afforded them.

Ridiculous the amount of space they gave us. The most space we've had all season. We had 3 or 4 golden chances that we should have buried over the two legs.

I know I'm not alone in thinking that Sunday will be harder than last night. 

54 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

When Rashford got subbed last night you could see Ten Hag ask him how he was and definitely looked like he replied "I'm fine", he'll be playing Sunday. 

Let's beat the fuckers at their best, ONE TIME!!!

I’ve been told he will be on the bench . Wilson starts .

I think we've possibly been conserving energy a bit in some of the league games with this in mind. Whatever the outcome I'm sure we'll give it everything we've got and make it extremely difficult for them. 

We'll win trophies under this regine for certain so it doesn't feel like when will we get this chance again type of game. I just would love it if it was this set of players to end the drought. Two local lads in the starting lineup, the redemption of the likes of Miggy and Joe. A reward for Tripps and Bruno taking a chance on us.