[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

Is that right?  I don't recall attendance in a particular tournament ever being a determining factor for cup final tickets.  I'm not saying that shouldn't be the case, but I don't remember this being the case before.  Nor was it publicised.

My biggest issue is that club never made the criteria clear - doing so would have saved a lot of annoyance.

I don’t think any club is arrogant enough to confirm Cup Final ticket criteria before it’s reached the final. Maybe I’m wrong and there are those that do? 

If you are ever hoping to get a cup final ticket you should always be in the mindset of giving yourself the best chance and not wait on others to. So if you’ve a ST for example and not used it to buy your seats for earlier games you were always running a risk and going forward you will know that risk is real.

26 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Looking at buying a ticket which I assume is man u end. Torn as I obviously want to be among fellow Newcastle fans but at least I'll be there.

Maybe jump on youtube and watch some videos like this and work out if you could do it for 90+ minutes

19 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Yer I'm really torn. I'm older and can probably keep myself safe but would I enjoy it. 

If it helps i was inside Roker Park on the terraces on my own in 1996 when away fans were not allowed and we won 1-2. Wouldn’t of missed it for the world 🙂

Just now, LFEE said:

If it helps i was inside Roker Park on the terraces on my own in 1996 when away fans were not allowed and we won 1-2. Wouldn’t of missed it for the world 🙂

I was in clock paddock for O'brien Derby. Been in few home ends but not sure still.

Just a reminder not to get too excited and post your tickets on social media without the QR codes being obscured, incase you get to the turnstyles to find someone has just flashed a screenshot of it to get through before you...

There's never a perfect way to allocate tickets. I don't really agree with the huff that ST holders are always the most loyal though. I gave up mine when Bruce came in, and it was pure luck I got into the first 1000 in the queue in the summer. I'm probably not any more deserving than many members. You'll also get those who spend thousands on travel every year to get to SJP, but cannot make midweek games due to public transport or work or whatever so will struggle for cup games. The last train north is before 10pm from what I remember.

Personally think the loyalty points system needs overhauled as you certain people controlling tens of tickets. There are people with 50+ loyalty points who've barely been away, but what can you do. There'll never be a perfect system. We could go on and on about the fairness of any system or allocation of tickets.

25 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: fuck sake I'm already nervous about this. gonna have about 6 nervous poos on that Sunday morning

Same, I'm at that stage where I just want it to be over one way or another. I'm sure in the future when we're in cup finals all the time it won't induce this same level of sickness, but this first one is killing me.  

14 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Just a reminder not to get too excited and post your tickets on social media without the QR codes being obscured, incase you get to the turnstyles to find someone has just flashed a screenshot of it to get through before you...

Or, maybe you should but don't forget to post them on here. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Not really, it'd just be transparent given they've not achieved this for what...18 years (a trip to a neutral stadium). There's a while generation of fans that wouldn't have had a clue...

Well exactly, so why on earth would the club be able to predict that we would have reached a final last summer when we haven't for 18 years :lol:

24 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

For those who's tickets have arrived, has the game also disappeared from your history on the site?

Yes it’s disappeared.

Also for those asking no loyalty point gained for final.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I don’t think any club is arrogant enough to confirm Cup Final ticket criteria before it’s reached the final. Maybe I’m wrong and there are those that do? 

If you are ever hoping to get a cup final ticket you should always be in the mindset of giving yourself the best chance and not wait on others to. So if you’ve a ST for example and not used it to buy your seats for earlier games you were always running a risk and going forward you will know that risk is real.

Nailed it on both points.

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

Well exactly, so why on earth would the club be able to predict that we would have reached a final last summer when we haven't for 18 years :lol:

You don't need to predict it. Just have a policy beforehand and send out

"In the extremely unlikely event we reach a cup final ticket's shall be distributed using the following process........"

In fairness, a cup final probably never occurred to them!

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I don't know if any other club do it.  My point was that it wasn't clear that you needed to attend cup games to attend a cup final - there's a whole heap of both confirmation and recency bias in assuming this was clear to fans or that fans should have guessed that this was the case. 

As I've said before my family and I live in Kent, so travelling up for midweek cup games wasn't necessarily that doable, but given we've had 3 season ticket for over 30 years and each season ticket has nearly 100 loyalty points on it, I thought we had a decent shot.  Had the ticketing policy been made clear, we'd have bought tickets for cup games and just not turned up.

Quite frankly the club could have used a variety of different criteria - loyalty points, length of time you've had a season ticket etc - and any criteria they choose would have had its merits.

I don't think it would be arrogant to create a policy in the ST T&Cs to make it clear how cup final tickets are allocated, but we can agree to disagree on that one.

2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

I don't think it would be strange to inform season ticket holders how tickets will be allocated before a season starts.  Could literally include a line in an email - not a particularly onerous undertaking.

Not everyone is going to reviewing the ticketing allocations of other clubs and extrapolating NUFC's policy.

Until you know your route to the final it be very difficult.

For example we could’ve got there without a single home game barring 1 leg of the semi or vice versa and only a single 1 leg away game. The criteria would’ve been different.

Still though those that went to the most cup games along with having a ST would still be in the first Periods. Just it might of favoured slightly different people on that occasion. Especially if they’d been mostly away games. As everyone with a ST will likely buy a Semi ticket whereas the earlier rounds would’ve generally been purchased by the same away following in general. If that makes sense 🙂

Edited by LFEE

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Until you know your route to the final it be very difficult.

For example we could’ve got there without a single home game barring 1 leg of the semi or vice versa and only a single 1 leg away game. The criteria would’ve been different.

Still though those that went to the most cup games along with having a ST would still be in the first Periods. Just it might of favoured slightly different people on that occasion. Especially if they’d been mostly away games.

That's fine - the policy could be literally as vague as "cup attendance will be a determining factor in obtaining tickets to any related cup final". That would leave everyone better informed than they were.

8 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

That's fine - the policy could be literally as vague as "cup attendance will be a determining factor in obtaining tickets to any related cup final". That would leave everyone better informed than they were.

Well if you didn’t think that would be the case I’m not sure you’d be the type to read the small print of a byline sent out by the club.

Sorry I don’t mean that to be harsh so apologies if it comes over that way. I’d say it would be a given amongst most football supporters.