[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The alignment is so shite that if you put glittery silver around the crests they would look like Premier League 95 Panini album 

Still got my completed 94/95 and 95/96 in the loft somewhere 😂

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Only because he's still coming back from injury. I was doing this on the basis that everyone is fit.

Martial can be amazing but very inconsistent. I'd take Isak or Wilson over him and Weghorst any day of the week.

What about de Gea? Seems to be making a handful of mistakes every season now. That Everton goal at home in the FA Cup was lifting!

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What about de Gea? Seems to be making a handful of mistakes every season now. That Everton goal at home in the FA Cup was lifting!

No way. De Gea has brilliant over the last 18 months or so. He has a mistake in him as all keepers do but he also saves us plenty of points on a regular basis with incredible saves and his distribution has improvely tenfold since Ten Hag came in.

I think he far better than Pope personally but wouldn't see that as a slight against Pope. He's one of our best ever players.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No way. De Gea has brilliant over the last 18 months or so. He has a mistake in him as all keepers do but he also saves us plenty of points on a regular basis with incredible saves and his distribution has improvely tenfold since Ten Hag came in.

I think he far better than Pope personally but wouldn't see that as a slight against Pope. He's one of our best ever players.

"Far better" than Pope 🤣🤣🤣 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If we're both at full strength then Isak for sure. Maybe Trippier but Dalot has come on leaps and bounds and even AWB is playing brilliant. 

I really like Botman and Guimaraes but who would they replace? Botman for Martinez possibly. Guimaraes for Eriksen? Casemiro and Fernandes are untouchable in the middle of the park.

Maybe Lascelles ahead of Antony on the right wing. 

Actually laughed out loud at Lascelles for Antony [emoji38]

On a serious note Trippier, Botman, Bruno all get in. I’d take Bruno over Eriksen. There’s a case to be made for Pope over De Gea. 

Man U are definitely favourites with the stronger squad but our team as a collective is better than it’s even been. I don’t think there’s such a massive gap compared to the last time we met in a final. 

Best combined Man United vs Newcastle XI, i'd probably go:

Pope: Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn: Bruno G, Longstaff, Joelinton: ASM, Isak, Miggy

Think thats about fair, right?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

De Gea, Trippier, Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Guimaraes, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford, Isak, Wilson/Martial

I'd go with that for now.

The notion of Botman and Pope not making that joint XI is insane like.  Absolutely crackers in the case of Botman - he’s comfortably superior to Martinez.  I can’t imagine a neutral swapping Martinez for Botman

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

De Gea, Trippier, Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Guimaraes, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford, Isak, Wilson/Martial

I'd go with that for now.

Ahh yes, picking only one player in the back five that has kept a clean sheet in 62% of all their games this season, seems logical.

It's this imo. No way is Botman in over Schär.

Pope

Trippier

Schär

Martinez

Shaw

Guimaraes

Casemiro

Fernandes

Almiron

Wilson

Rashford

With Joelinton extremely unlucky to miss out. Heart over head I have him in over the rat.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I thought De Gea had been shit for years now, a glaring weak link. Not saying I'm right - shows how little you know just catching bits here and there. Would have to think our back 5 as a whole is better than theirs, with one or two exceptions - just looking at their record.

Edited by Superior Acuña

21 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I thought De Gea had been shit for years now, a glaring weak link

He had a loss in form last season for a period, along with everyone else. Generally speaking De Gea has been one our most important players for a long, long time. 

I wouldn't want any Man Utd players ahead of Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, ASM, Wilson or Isak even if Man Utds equivalents are better footballers.

Pope

Trippier

Varane

Botman

Shaw

Bruno

Casemiro

Fernandes/Joelinton, 4231/433

Miggy

Isak

Rashford

Eddie as manager and our fans in the stands.

Man Utd fans are the most entitled bunch of little bellends ever. They still haven't wrapped their heads around that they are no longer regular title challengers. They think it's all going to click back into the 90s again. It won't. It's over.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Man Utd fans are the most entitled bunch of little bellends ever.

I don't see a huge deal of confidence from our fans in regards to this, but I see a hell of a lot of you on here thinking you will win. :lol: 

Just now, Froggy said:

I don't see a huge deal of confidence from our fans in regards to this, but I see a hell of a lot of you on here thinking you will win. :lol: 

I'm confident we can win but that's not really what I was getting at.