Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

I know he's a cunt, but that was the period when the international super rich moved into English football and blew the locals out of the water. Not that Ashley was ever interested in spending his way to success, but he couldn't compete with the Mansours or the Abramoviches even if he wanted to.

Ashley could have at least had us competing at our current level if he wanted to and probably more considering what the fees were at the time.

Chose to be a tight vindictive prick instead.

Posted (edited)

Ashley was the type of owner the Top 6 and Premier League love 

His stated aim was that we wouldn’t ever be competitive

Determined to scrape by, doing the bare minimum, kowtowing to the Top 6, happy to take the telly cash and the free ads for his shitty stores 

THE CUNT 

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Ashley was the type of owner the Top 6 and Premier League love 

His stated aim was that we wouldn’t ever be competitive

Determined to scrape by, doing the bare minimum, kowtowing to the Top 6, happy to take the telly cash and the free ads for his shitty stores 

THE CUNT 

Here, here! 

Ashley is a parasite simple as but Hall sold us all down the river, his story about thinking Ashley would expand us globally through his tat wear is laughable.

He milked the club through shares issue, rent, family members on the wage bill and ultimately sold the club with Shepherd on his sick bed to the first bloke who offered him a big enough profit.

Will always be grateful for the Entertainers era but that’s due to Keegan and players, yes Hall was a catalyst but his motives were always money and he’s the reason we had to endure the following years which killed this club in so many way on and off the pitch.

I once met Mike Ashley's nephew, he was doing work experience at Newcastle. A few months later he was named an executive of something. I wish I was on the wind up here. 

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Fair enough not getting involved in City's case I suppose but that says we're going to abstain on Villa's proposal to increase the allowable losses and Palace's one about UEFA payments?

Are we up to something or are expecting something to happen in our favour?

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Probably the best option. Perhaps they're so confident City will win, that's there's no need to get involved?

I recon Chelsea are the club who are supporting City - it's got Boehly written all over it

What a these Journos going on about saying it potentially ruins the integrity and competitiveness of the league if City win - it's already a one horse race.  City are already light years ahead of everyone else.  If anything this will make the league 'more' competitive. The bias from the press is unreal.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I know he's a cunt, but that was the period when the international super rich moved into English football and blew the locals out of the water. Not that Ashley was ever interested in spending his way to success, but he couldn't compete with the Mansours or the Abramoviches even if he wanted to.

What about Spurs? We were above them in the league, had more commercial revenue than them, a better squad and stadium when he bought us. Could the fat cunt not have matched their pace over his tenure? Or even try to?

8 minutes ago, duo said:

What a these Journos going on about saying it potentially ruins the integrity and competitiveness of the league if City win - it's already a one horse race.  City are already light years ahead of everyone else.  If anything this will make the league 'more' competitive. The bias from the press is unreal.

I would think it's because it'll write off any chance of many of the 115 charges coming to pass.

Said this earlier, but there are no goodies in this like, only baddies.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

I usually like Winter, but he's talking absolute shite there. As I mentioned earlier the media are coming out with this anti-competition bollocks and totally ignoring the blatant attempts of anti-competitive rules and restraint of trade being imposed by the premier league and the usual suspects.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I would think it's because it'll write off any chance of many of the 115 charges coming to pass.

They seem more concerned we'll be able to spent what we want - for me this just opens the door for any club with billionaire owners to have a go.  PSR rules are to protect clubs going under - if clubs can get investments - spent away.

Edited by duo

I really wish our owners would rise above this sort of stuff and publicly back sensible rules around spending. It's embarrassing if we're seen to be one of the clubs supporting man city in this.

1 minute ago, timnufc22 said:

I really wish our owners would rise above this sort of stuff and publicly back sensible rules around spending. It's embarrassing if we're seen to be one of the clubs supporting man city in this.

It'll be Chelsea

I want to see us win a trophy before I die. "Winning the right way". Fuck that. If Man City win and it allows us to spend more to be successful on our own I'm all for it.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This challenge has absolutely nothing to do with the 115 charges though, it relates to the recently brought in rules about Associated Party Transactions. Most of the 115 charges relate to claims of fraudulent accounting, so winning this case would have no impact on those charges.

If they do get relegated, fair market value will stop them being able to justify big deals and they could have a number of years where they don’t have the money to make it all work. 

relegation means little to them if fair market value is gone. Massive etihad deal, smash the championship, win the league following year. 

53 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Probably the best option. Perhaps they're so confident City will win, that's there's no need to get involved?

Not really a surprise, we haven’t publicly fought anything against us since the takeover.