Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

29 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

City are also going to sue for the value of contracts they could have been denied by the PL so its going to be asking for compensation should they win 

Would be ironic if the compensation from the PL boosts their FFP

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Would be ironic if the compensation from the PL boosts their FFP

If City win we could ask for the Sela,  and Noon sponsorship to be re-assessed given that both would have been passed for FMV by the PL? We could also claim compo🤣

Edited by FloydianMag

Will the EPL be that bothered if they lose? It gives them an out from these regulations and allows more money to be spent

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

If City win we could ask for the Sela,  and Noon sponsorship to be re-assessed given that both would have been passed for FMV by the PL? We could also claim compo🤣

Will we know ? Wasn't it to be held in secret and no outcome made public ?

Just now, madras said:

Will we know ? Wasn't it to be held in secret and no outcome made public ?

PL clubs will know, they were informed of the arbitration hearing and it’s rumoured strongly that Arsenal leaked it to the media.

Posted (edited)

Even if City win their case, I'm not convinced PIF will suddenly inflate our income with sponsorships. The lack of progress on the stadium and training facilities suggests to me they're now content to be a 4-7th outfit. If they truly wanted us at the top, think we'd at least have world class training facility in for planning by now and be loaded up on as many sponsors as possible.

Edited by Turnbull2000

8 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Even if City win their case, I'm not convinced PIF will suddenly inflate our income with sponsorships. The lack of progress on the stadium and training facilities suggests to me they're now content to be a 4-7th outfit. If they truly wanted us at the top, think we'd at least have world class training facility in for planning by now and be loaded up on as many sponsors as possible.

Lmao, that’s enough internet for one day

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Their journey is to dovetail in with 2034 WC. They’ll be on a steady, consistent upward trend of investment and building, us up. As they are doing slowly and surely in the background growing us piece by piece from an empty husk of a club to where we are now and beyond.They won’t be rushed. As frustrating as it is waiting. Enjoy the ride. It’s all good. 

IMG_3004.thumb.jpeg.e86bcd796b79b5984f6267b00115740d.jpeg

“ I will not stop until Newcastle United become number one in world football” - Governor of PIF, and Newcastle & Aramco Chairman Yassir Al-Rumayyan.

Edited by PauloGeordio

6 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Exactly, quick sketch on the back of a fag packet, then straight into the notoriously quick local authorities. It's a piece of piss.

13 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Their journey is to dovetail in with 2034 WC. They’ll be on a steady, consistent upward trend of investment and building, us up. As they are doing slowly and surely in the background growing us piece by piece from an empty husk of a club to where we are now and beyond.They won’t be rushed. As frustrating as it is waiting. Enjoy the ride. It’s all good. 

“ I will not stop until Newcastle United become number one in world football” - Governor of PIF, and Newcastle & Aramco Chairman Yassir Al-Rumayyan.

A good quote for all to bear in mind. I love a positive slant 🌈

18 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I'm hanging my hat on this.

But the actions don't indicate “I will not stop until Newcastle United become number one in world football”. I'm not with @Turnbull2000 but I hear some of your point regarding pace of change and aggression. It doesn't align totally.

But that's one announcement from changing completely. We'll wait and see.

33 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Yeah, that’s a lot of rubbish 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm hanging my hat on this.

But the actions don't indicate “I will not stop until Newcastle United become number one in world football”. I'm not with @Turnbull2000 but I hear some of your point regarding pace of change and aggression. It doesn't align totally.

But that's one announcement from changing completely. We'll wait and see.

I think they're very conscious of the public opinion still, so will play be the book.

If things do slacken (which I think they will hugely in the coming years), they'll push to the limit of each boundary without going over which is the correct way imo. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

What did people not understand when Amanda Staveley said PIF are “long-term, patient investors”. It was literally in the first interview. They’re not hoying us off 3 years in. After 14 years of utter shit we’ve got back in the Champions League, reached a cup final and then very narrowly missed out on Europe again. That’s a massive turnaround from what we’d been used to. PIF aren’t going anywhere. 

Deploying capital with our ownership might not be the easiest depending on how they're all aligned.

Staveley is the face of the club from a corporate standpoint and I'm sure she wants to maintain a sizeable stake in the club.  But from what I've read, PCP's share has reduced to 6%, with the Reuben brothers increasing to 14% and PIF remaining at 80%.  This could indicate that Staveley doesn't currently have the liquid assets available to contribute to additional investment and therefore has to dilute.

Forbes currently has the club valued at £636m - https://www.forbes.com/teams/newcastle-united/

Tottenham's stadium cost c.£1bn to build.

If we built a stadium that cost the same as Tottenham's (haven't read into the detail but assuming no land cost as it was built on the WHL site) without additional investment from PCP, their share would drop to 2%.  The Reuben brothers' would also need to find £140m to invest if they don't want to be diluted.

Presumably PIF hold all the cards at board level and could force it through if they wanted to, but there are considerations, like keeping the local businessmen (Reuben brothers) happy and ensuring Staveley has a large enough stake in the club if they want her to continue as the face of the club.

Multiple owners usually makes these decisions take a lot longer.

PL probably want to be beaten in court. They need to look like they are doing something for the reds, but in reality they are sick to death from being the firewall protecting the slimy cunts. 

Just put them out of their misery, and fuck psr, ffp, and any other restrictions on clubs, and focus on club owners who have mortgaged their clubs to pay for themselves, and those putting clubs at most risk. 

2 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Worrying, where you getting your info ?

1 hour ago, Eveready said:

Deploying capital with our ownership might not be the easiest depending on how they're all aligned.

Staveley is the face of the club from a corporate standpoint and I'm sure she wants to maintain a sizeable stake in the club.  But from what I've read, PCP's share has reduced to 6%, with the Reuben brothers increasing to 14% and PIF remaining at 80%.  This could indicate that Staveley doesn't currently have the liquid assets available to contribute to additional investment and therefore has to dilute.

Forbes currently has the club valued at £636m - https://www.forbes.com/teams/newcastle-united/

Tottenham's stadium cost c.£1bn to build.

If we built a stadium that cost the same as Tottenham's (haven't read into the detail but assuming no land cost as it was built on the WHL site) without additional investment from PCP, their share would drop to 2%.  The Reuben brothers' would also need to find £140m to invest if they don't want to be diluted.

Presumably PIF hold all the cards at board level and could force it through if they wanted to, but there are considerations, like keeping the local businessmen (Reuben brothers) happy and ensuring Staveley has a large enough stake in the club if they want her to continue as the face of the club.

Multiple owners usually makes these decisions take a lot longer.

If PIF invest, do the other shareholders have to invest a comparable amount ? 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

If PIF invest, do the other shareholders have to invest a comparable amount ? 

Yes or their share will be diluted, hence why Stavely's stake in the club has decreased in percentage since the takeover

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

PL probably want to be beaten in court. They need to look like they are doing something for the reds, but in reality they are sick to death from being the firewall protecting the slimy cunts. 

Just put them out of their misery, and fuck psr, ffp, and any other restrictions on clubs, and focus on club owners who have mortgaged their clubs to pay for themselves, and those putting clubs at most risk. 

The PL is the shareholder clubs, any fines/compensation are essentially paid by the members. Not sure why other clubs would want to go legal to protect the cartel as they would be on the hook for their share of the compensation payout. I’m not sure why the other clubs tow the cartel line considering the financial risk to them. Maybe that’s what will bring about change, when the “other clubs” see that their interests aren’t served by supporting the cartel.

54 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Worrying, where you getting your info ?

Listened to the true faith podcast probably. They had a podcast last week worrying about lack of news on training ground & stadium and saying they now have doubts that PIF are all in.

in short: a load of Baws 

35 minutes ago, gdm said:

Listened to the true faith podcast probably. They had a podcast last week worrying about lack of news on training ground & stadium and saying they now have doubts that PIF are all in.

Big Hairy Tory Baws if it’s True Faith.

37 minutes ago, gdm said:

Its utter bollocks, there's plenty of work and investment happening.