Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, ask questions of us but  🙏 please at all costs don’t ask questions of Chelsea for paying themselves £10m for each sandwich they sell filled with Boehly’s jizz

If it makes you feel any better there will be no questions. 

Isn’t the gist of it all that every sale through the official club shops is around 50% profit (after the wholesale price is counted of course)?

So say we sell 250K shirts all over the world - that equates to 10M quid (based on an average profit of 40 quid per shirt). And that’s just the shirt. Add all training gear and stuff. On top of that I’d presume we get a cut of the sales through Adidas and JD as well as an upfront payment of some kind from both. 

We won’t get the reported 40M is my guess (with European football this year there would surely be added bonuses). Probably somewhere around 25M is my best guess. 

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

don't hate the player hate the game

Were through the looking glass now though, where people are chomping at the bit to have clubs deducted points across the league and where avoiding such punishment via new arbitrary legislation is the most heinous thing imaginable

6 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

Isn’t the gist of it all that every sale through the official club shops is around 50% profit (after the wholesale price is counted of course)?

So say we sell 250K shirts all over the world - that equates to 10M quid (based on an average profit of 40 quid per shirt). And that’s just the shirt. Add all training gear and stuff. On top of that I’d presume we get a cut of the sales through Adidas and JD as well as an upfront payment of some kind from both. 

We won’t get the reported 40M is my guess (with European football this year there would surely be added bonuses). Probably somewhere around 25M is my best guess. 

The adidas deal won’t be based solely on sales.  That’s what the guy who posted on Twitter isn’t getting.  There will be a lump sum payment plus additionals based upon sales

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The adidas deal won’t be based solely on sales.  That’s what the guy who posted on Twitter isn’t getting.  There will be a lump sum payment plus additionals based upon sales

Yep, I said as much tbf. 😀

On top of that I’d presume we get a cut of the sales through Adidas and JD as well as an upfront payment of some kind from both. 

On 22/07/2024 at 09:14, Ben said:

So Chelsea now have nothing left to sell other than players ? Should be interesting next summer, unless the rules have changed by then.

They will just buy more assets to sell to themselves. At fair market value (increased by 500%).

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Isn’t PSR/FFP supposed to prevent this shit?

No PSR/FFP only exists to keep the elite clubs on top. Nothing more.

They don't give a damn if other clubs go under. Hell they probably wish they would.

If all these 'mediocre' teams would just go bankrupt, they would have free reign to form their 'super' league.

30 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

They don't give a damn if other clubs go under. Hell they probably wish they would.

If all these 'mediocre' teams would just go bankrupt, they would have free rein to form their 'super' league.

You need to look through my posting history on FFP/PSR/RPT and APT👍

7 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

If all these 'mediocre' teams would just go bankrupt, they would have free reign to form their 'super' league.

Bordeaux are a big club tbf

Ehhh !!! Doesn't these FFP/PSR rules prevent clubs like Bordeaux going bust ? We are holding football back and making it fucking boring to save clubs from themselves, does this prove these type of systems don't fucking work ? 

54 minutes ago, Zero said:

If the big clubs are unable to spend $ due to PSR, the lower / poor clubs will be unable to raise funds by selling players.

PSR in fact is doing the opposite. The tide is coming.

Yep - said this for ages - whole thing is an utter farce!

4 hours ago, Zero said:

If the big clubs are unable to spend $ due to PSR, the lower / poor clubs will be unable to raise funds by selling players.

PSR in fact is doing the opposite. The tide is coming.

It reminds me of that daft cunt on Question Time who said that she voted for the govt because they promised to reduce payments to people on benefits, but didn’t realise that they included her and her child tax credits

The PL’s small clubs all voted for this nonsense, and they’ll end up being the hardest hit when they can’t sell any of their players