Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Surprised their revenue is so high. What does the borrowings bit mean? They took loans with interest to finance signings? £249m loss relates to the £115m total clubs can lose over three years? So they need to be +£134m in the other two years?

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Surprised their revenue is so high. What does the borrowings bit mean? They took loans with interest to finance signings? £249m loss relates to the £115m total clubs can lose over three years? So they need to be +£134m in the other two years?

Chelsea's income will continue to be high for the foreseeable, even if they remain mediocre on the pitch - the commercial revenues are effectively baked-in; long term deals, plus they've got a sizeable 'global fanbase' at this point.  Plus the usual benefits of being in London.

I reckon they'd need a decade of consistent mediocrity / failure - i.e. what Chelsea was for pretty much its entire history pre-Harding - to take a real knock on the income levels.

50 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

If that was us there’d be hell on.

I guess they’ve deemed it fair market value though for a hotel in London, but yes there would be hell on.

Chelsea met 22/23 PSR by selling a hotel (and a car park) to themselves for £98m. Absolutely disgusting they can get away with crap like that. Everton and Forests legal teans should be all over that 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

33 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Chelsea met 22/23 PSR by selling a hotel (and a car park) to themselves for £98m. Absolutely disgusting they can get away with crap like that. Everton and Forests legal teans should be all over that 

If they get away with it.

18 hours ago, Bally21 said:

I put this in the "general nufc" chat, but might be better placed in this chat:

I notice that the season ticket renewal deadline is 20th May this year, rather than July as it was last year.

Wonder if this may be related to FFP.

Anyone renewing season ticket as a one off payment would be paying in May at the latest (as opposed to July last year), also for those spreading the cost it states first payment will be 5th June - it was 5th July last year.

I think the FFP period ends sometime in June?

Maybe they are trying to pull some of next seasons revenue into this FFP period?

Smart move if so, but may create a revenue reduction in the next 3 year period. 

It's not took into account this year, will still go against next year although the bank will look better 

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

Let's sell the car park at St James for 100 million. 

Are there any bins around the ground? I'm sure we'll get a bit for them.

Got loads in the training ground from Ashley's era

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Yeah, just seen this. No idea how it all works, not got the concentration or interest to find out. ADHD brain and I always hated maths :lol: but the thread below makes for some interesting reading, if accurate:

I still think there should be a worldwide cap on player salaries, by the look of everyone's accounts wages have spiralled out of control, if the target is financial fair play then its obvious club owners can't run their clubs properly, put real measures in place so they can't overspend, everyone would be better off.

Just now, Ben said:

I still think there should be a worldwide cap on player salaries, by the look of everyone's accounts wages have spiralled out of control, if the target is financial fair play then its obvious club owners can't run their clubs properly, put real measures in place so they can't overspend, everyone would be better off.

The salaries and agent fees are a problem.  Clubs are being brought in line with 70% outgoings to turnover; but you can bet your bottom dollar that the agents and players won’t pay the least bit attention to it.

A worldwide cap is likely impossible - I could easily see it being challenged in most countries as restriction of trade.  

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The salaries and agent fees are a problem.  Clubs are being brought in line with 70% outgoings to turnover; but you can bet your bottom dollar that the agents and players won’t pay the least bit attention to it.

A worldwide cap is likely impossible - I could easily see it being challenged in most countries as restriction of trade.  

If the clubs were really bothered by it they could self impose a cap (obviously they never will)