Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They haven’t passed it have they?

I’m fairly sure that they had passed them and the only reason that 777 haven’t assumed ownership is because they held back on making the payment for one of two reasons:

Their own financial distress 

Everton’s financial distress / potential for relegation 

10 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

They’ve passed it with conditions, right?

Aye, it's not a pass though. It looks unlikely those conditions will be met.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

What were the conditions?

They are: that 777 loans to the club have to be converted into equity; funds are required in an escrow account to meet financial obligations for the remainder of the season; proof of funding for the new stadium completion; and a £158m loan to be repaid to MSP.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

What were the conditions?

Cant challenge the top 6, cant do huge sponsorship deals, must sell your best players and staff to top 6 

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

They are: that 777 loans to the club have to be converted into equity; funds are required in an escrow account to meet financial obligations for the remainder of the season; proof of funding for the new stadium completion; and a £158m loan to be repaid to MSP.

Substantial then. Looks like 777 are fucked either way. Wonder which other disaster capitalists will be eyeing them up instead 

40 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m fairly sure that they had passed them and the only reason that 777 haven’t assumed ownership is because they held back on making the payment for one of two reasons:

Seem to recall they passed first time around with no conditions at all. 

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Is it bad or good for Everton that these 777 chancers aren’t going to be taking over?

It might be bad in the near term, but seems like a gift longer term. I can't imagine it was going to end well.

30 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Seem to recall they passed first time around with no conditions at all. 

They might be physically and electronically skint, but they didn't have the power to upset the league

15 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

It might be bad in the near term, but seems like a gift longer term. I can't imagine it was going to end well.

These venture capital/hedge fund takeovers never work out well for clubs

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Legal threats in 3, 2 …

Hopefully more than just threats though, it's way past time that some of the clubs being punished by these stupid rules fought back against the obvious corruption.

23 hours ago, gjohnson said:

These venture capital/hedge fund takeovers never work out well for clubs

They shouldn’t be allowed in football.

On 06/05/2024 at 18:06, gbandit said:

Nah it never got quite that far. Still a lot of unanswered questions. Which you’d expect from a Ponzi scheme. They are clearly robbing Peter to pay Paul with all their assets.

Posted (edited)

Might be in the minority but I hope Man City get away with it all, I love the fact they have stopped the likes of Liverpool , Arsenal and Man United picking up trophies , I like them and Pep a lot and hate them other three clubs so couldn't care less if they have cheated .

Edited by Geogaddi

Posted (edited)

Won’t that set a precedent that we can then follow and pay a fine afterwards?

edit: not a fine but a financial settlement.

Edited by SAK

28 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Might be in the minority but I hope Man City get away with it all, I love the fact they have stopped the likes of Liverpool , Arsenal and Man United picking up trophies , I like them and Pep a lot and hate them other three clubs so couldn't care less if they have cheated .

Absolutely worth it for the fume from the Red 3 in particular.