Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just take the points hit or sell the training ground to Sela.

Swiss ramble will be correct imo he's the best in the business let's not get defensive just because we don't like what we hear.

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I'll be very surprised if we are over the total allowed. I also think we will see a few sponsorship deals being announced in July. 

Sponsorships in July won't help with FFP in terms of what SW calculated though.  If we need to bring in revenue for the accounts for this season

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sponsorships in July won't help with FFP in terms of what SW calculated though.  If we need to bring in revenue for the accounts for this season

I know that, as I said we will be more than ok this year and the further sponsorship will be used for next season coming

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I know that, as I said we will be more than ok this year and the further sponsorship will be used for next season coming

I'm not sure re this year (though the noise about needing to sell a Bruno or Isak is obviously bollocks), but I'd hope there are some more sponsorships on the horizon soon - next year is likely to be tight as well

24 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I'm not sure re this year (though the noise about needing to sell a Bruno or Isak is obviously bollocks), but I'd hope there are some more sponsorships on the horizon soon - next year is likely to be tight as well

I was pleasantly surprised at how many partners we have now. Kind of snuck up on me. I’d love to know what those deals are worth though.

37 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Training kit and training ground in the pipeline apparently.

9 hours ago, madras said:

How would this fly with FMV etc. Sela cup, winners get 100million. Its not sponsorship, its winnings and others could win it also ?

Imagine the Italian & Spanish equivalents of our Red 3's reactions, when Bologna or Real Betis rock up back home with £100m in the kitty. :lol:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine the Italian & Spanish equivalents of our Red 3's reactions, when Bologna or Real Betis rock up back home with £100m in the kitty. :lol:

Why would we invite teams who had a chance ?

The club is obviously very cognisant of our ffp position, it seems very unlikely that we've actually got ourselves into a ffp hole for this season, no apparent movement on outgoing transfers (other than paid-up contracts) 12 days before our accounting period ends suggest there is no concern at the club.

Or it's preferable to lose a couple points.  Lots of clubs losing points puts as much pressure on the FFP rules as anything else.  It makes the league look like a joke.  

(I don't think this will be the case but its a small possibility)

I think a decent objection to the rules could be 5,6, 7 clubs just failing them each year.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Set up a friendly at St James' Park, to be played almost immediately so nobody can react to the below

Corporate tIcket price £1bn per ticket

MBS buys 10, either uses them himself or has them handed out for free or even just doesn't go (seems OK on Wearside and still counts?)

Repeat as often as needed

16 hours ago, TRC said:

Swiss ramble will be correct imo he's the best in the business let's not get defensive just because we don't like what we hear.

Not always correct though. When we got taken over, they had plenty of threads about how much they worked out we could spend and they were way off. They just present the bullshit in a way that seems more believable.

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Set up a friendly at St James' Park, to be played almost immediately so nobody can react to the below

Corporate tIcket price £1bn per ticket

MBS buys 10, either uses them himself or has them handed out for free or even just doesn't go (seems OK on Wearside and still counts?)

Repeat as often as needed

Good luck applying for 10 tickets in the ballot.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

The Man City Court case thing against the EPL has gone a bit quiet 

It's too weeks long and we won't know the outcome until someone leaks it.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It's too weeks long and we won't know the outcome until someone leaks it.

When did it start 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

10th June, if I remember rightly.

So we might hear something by the end of the week and then announce our huge new sponsorship deal before the end of June.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

So we might hear something by the end of the week and then announce our huge new sponsorship deal before the end of June.

They'll rap it up this week, then might hear something at the end of next week.

The PL won't officially announce anything but it'll almost certainly be leaked to one of the many client journos.

Edited by The Prophet

On 14/06/2024 at 16:00, Terraloon said:

It’s worth noting that NUFC have 10 players (11 if you include Fraser) who were in your squad last season and are about to enter the last year of their deals that’s 

It's not really worth noting though, all those players are either old or not important without checking. We have important players that are old but if they are still good on the pitch they most likely have no reason to leave and we could always extend them without much drama (Schär, Wilson, Trippier, Burn etc.).

21 hours ago, TRC said:

He is an excellent football finance analyst 

If we were genuinely in danger of breaching PSR, surely we would have tried a bit harder to sell either in January or before the end of June?

There doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of urgency.

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

If we were genuinely in danger of breaching PSR, surely we would have tried a bit harder to sell either in January or before the end of June?

There doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of urgency.

I think we'll see a lot of movement next week