Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

All the other clubs mooted (Chelsea,Everton,villa,forest) have done transfer work in the run up to this deadline tbf.

The other posters may have been onto something with the Bruno clause putting the brakes on any potential sales until it was certain he was staying.

Or, we fucked up. Pick your poison.

Aye the Bruno sale makes the most sense. And this goes back to Januarys lack of sales. 

Just now, Bondedcrown said:

We don’t owe anybody anything! You really think other clubs are doing us any favours? 

Yeh I do. It’s not a coincidence we’ve done business with Forest who are likely in a PSR hole for the next financial period themselves. 

Villa and Chelsea have been rubbing each other back and they are league position rivals. We don’t even compete with Forest for league position. The enemy of my enemy (PSR) is my friend.  

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c98qv3gww28t

Welcome to PSR transfer deadline daypublished at 08:59

08:59

Good morning, I know what you are thinking, it's too early in the summer for a transfer deadline day.

And you would be right - the transfer window does not close until Friday, 30 August, at 23:00 BST in England and 23:30 in Scotland.

However, profit and sustainability rules (PSR) in the Premier League have forced clubs to reassess their transfer policy in a bid to balance the books.

The aim is to do that by a cut-off point in the financial year - 30 June is the key date when the 2023-24 season officially ends and the 2024-25 campaign begins.

Clubs in danger of breaching PSR are trying to sell players by this new 'unofficial transfer deadline day' to avoid charges and possible points deductions when the new season begins.

PL monitoring deals, but they created this false window. What did they expect? Arsehole amateurs ruining our game.

The PL have made a rod for their own back. These sort of deals and Chelsea selling hotels has delivered a solid boot to their knackers. Keep them coming I say.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

The PL have made a rod for their own back. These sort of deals and Chelsea selling hotels has delivered a solid boot to their knackers. Keep them coming I say.

Hopefully and when they try and come after clubs, we band together and launch a joint legal move, further fracturing this shitshow of a league. Penny for Dick Masters and Steve Parrish’s tiny tears and thoughts at this hard time.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Hopefully and when they try and come after clubs, we band together and launch a joint legal move, further fracturing this shitshow of a league. Penny for Dick Masters and Steve Parrish’s tiny tears and thoughts at this hard time.

It's just not sustainable. The PL should have stayed out of this and let the free market do it's thing. Trying to bring in restrictive rules and regulations decades after allowing some clubs to run riot was never going to work. They will end up getting tied up in endless litigation unless they call it a day IMO.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's just not sustainable. The PL should have stayed out of this and let the free market do it's thing. Trying to bring in restrictive rules and regulations decades after allowing some clubs to run riot was never going to work. They will end up getting tied up in endless litigation unless they call it a day IMO.

I am afraid it’s probably too late to stay out. I could see them facing legal actions even if they call it off now. 

Just now, Zero said:

I am afraid it’s probably too late to stay out. I could see them facing legal actions even if they call it off now. 

Good. They probably thought they couldn't lose with the backing of the cartel, but even those clubs have been adversely affected.

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh I do. It’s not a coincidence we’ve done business with Forest who are likely in a PSR hole for the next financial period themselves. 

Villa and Chelsea have been rubbing each other back and they are league position rivals. We don’t even compete with Forest for league position. The enemy of my enemy (PSR) is my friend.  

so if both sides benefit why do we owe them a favour? Also why would they buy a player just for that reason?

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's the clubs not the premier league.  People acting like all the clubs didn't vote for this ..?

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

It's the clubs not the premier league.  People acting like all the clubs didn't vote for this ..?

The PL still have the authority to rubber stamp it or not though right? I'm pretty sure the clubs didn't vote for our takeover by PIF.

stavely and eales either have to sign up to this forum at employ some of the people on it.

they;re new to business and football, so we'll let them off this summer as long as they get some financial experts and lawyers in.  woe betide if this repeats it self next june.

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

stavely and eales either have to sign up to this forum at employ some of the people on it.

they;re new to business and football, so we'll let them off this summer as long as they get some financial experts and lawyers in.  woe betide if this repeats it self next june.

I can no longer tell if this sort of thing is serious or not.

Just now, elbee909 said:

I can no longer tell if this sort of thing is serious or not.

one of them has to resign.

as mentioned on here several times - someone at the club has fucked up and they need to own up.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

one of them has to resign.

as mentioned on here several times - someone at the club has fucked up and they need to own up.

Someone fucked it up but as TCD mentioned we got an OK plan B escape route. That’s probably enough to end the matter at this moment

Next summer, however…God knows

3 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Oh dear.

i know but how do you think elliot anderson's mum feels right now?

send the bairn to the remotest part of the country.

no direct flight there or anything.

53 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Soooo, if we do in fact have £68m income from Anderson and Minteh, how much can we spend? 

It depends how you want to utilise it. If you want to spend it in 1 go then basically £68m.

If you only ever want to spend that £68m, then it would be £13.6m based on 5 years deals for other players.

However you can amortise deals over a maximum of 5 years, which would give you £340m, but would assume that you have to reserve £68m from your budget for the following 4 years.

6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Oh dear.

Yeah, we have just sold £68 Million worth of none first team players. Hours before some stupid deadline that has been installed to limit us. 

I’m wondering if people will get just as upset I we chucked £80 Million on a last minute deadline day signing. 

Edited by Hudson

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

i know but how do you think elliot anderson's mum feels right now?

send the bairn to the remotest part of the country.

no direct flight there or anything.

Yes there's no direct flights but fortunately we have a quick, reliable and affordable rail network that...oh hang on...