Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I’m on about the CAT hearing that was streamed live and tens of thousands of people tuned in to watch it unfold 

It was a car crash for the PL lawyers, I was blown away at how easily their scam was exposed 

Few days later the takeover was approved 

Yes remember the one. Wasn’t sure if it was actually part of the CAT case or just prelims of the CAT case. Think that was next in line.

Anyway like you say not long after the takeover went through but only because SA paid £1b to cover the piracy issue.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes remember the one. Wasn’t sure if it was actually part of the CAT case or just prelims of the CAT case. Think that was next in line.

Anyway like you say not long after the takeover went through but only because SA paid £1b to cover the piracy issue.

It was around a week from the jurisdiction hearing (prelims) taking place, to the takeover being approved

A takeover that had been held up by the PL refusing to approve it since April 2020. 18 months of stalling. 

At the prelim hearing the PL could see they were about to be exposed for looking after the interests of a cartel of clubs who didn’t want a wealthy NUFC, so the piracy deal got sorted in a couple of days, after 18 months of the PL dicking PIF about and hoping they’d walk away

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, Keegans Export said:

They already sponsor their shirts so it's not a new relationship. Still a hefty chunk of cash mind.

Just chucking some chicken feed down before they announce the proper deal 

11 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Hypothetically could we see PIF/PIF linked companies giving out sponsorship deals elsewhere to raise the ceiling of our own future deals in terms of FMV?

Was just thinking this. Can’t really argue that it isn’t market value when they are giving out sponsors to unrelated parties of the same value. 

12 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Hypothetically could we see PIF/PIF linked companies giving out sponsorship deals elsewhere to raise the ceiling of our own future deals in terms of FMV?

It's certainly possible. Personally I doubt it though and the only reason being is when Saudi were spending huge money on players such like Ruben Nerves and Mitrovic, I thought along the same lines as you, and they were deliberately inflating all the transfer fees so when it came to purchasing our cast offs they could justify it easier.

But that never materialised.  Although we sold ASM that summer we certainly didn't get an inflated fee.