Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

It’s become something which is eating football up from the inside. I also don’t think totally unregulated spending is the solution either but this is a disaster for football and it’s seemingly only going to get worse 

clubs may start to struggle to pay agreed exisiting contracts and have to sell just because of that, even if their owners can afford it.

its not just about transfers,

Guest reefatoon

What a total shitfest. Some absolute ball bags going out of their way to destroy football. Well done

They've just rushed this through in their haste to prevent being overhauled and wrapped it up in bow of the baloney about suddenly caring about the small clubs to think this through properly. Almost making stagnation mandatory.

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s become something which is eating football up from the inside. I also don’t think totally unregulated spending is the solution either but this is a disaster for football and it’s seemingly only going to get worse 

If your owners can afford it you should be allowed to spend up to the limits the current cartel clubs spend.

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

It’s been banded around for years, but has the bubble eventually burst ?

If it has burst then it’s down to UEFA and the PL bringing in FFP and even more stringent FFP rules next season. It really is getting to the stage where a club or a number of clubs should mount a legal challenge on restriction of trade grounds. It’s the only thing the governing bodies will listen to.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I completely agree that unregulated spending can’t happen and I wouldn’t want that to happen for us to be successful. I’m pretty sure if we could do what we wanted then we’d already have tried to sign someone like Mbappe for a £1m a week - he would probably come to us as well.

Im really disheartened with football in general these days from refereeing, to technology, to governance and to finances. It’s just not as enjoyable as it should be for all involved 

Aye, football’s become a mess like most things in life. Everything’s just so complicated these days. In some aspects it’s a good thing in life but in a lot of things it just smashes the enjoyment out of things 

It’s the same across Europe as well.

Back here and our clubs are kicking off at the Premier League with the latest TV deal, claiming they were not receptive to the streaming giants who would have brought more money in.

As I say, it’s all leading to the Super League again.

’The Premier League won’t let us buy the best players’

’Neither will UEFA’

’TV money is effectively reducing’

’People want to see 3pm KO’s’

’People want it on a streaming giant, not Sky’

Edited by Stifler

There’s a necessity but I also wonder if this pretty much worldwide slowdown in transfer activity is making a point to UEFA, FIFA, and various domestic leagues that the system is broken.

Its not even suiting clubs like City, Madrid or Barca anymore.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

It’s the same across Europe as well.

Back here and our clubs are kicking off at the Premier League with the latest TV deal, claiming they were not receptive to the streaming giants who would have brought more money in.

As I say, it’s all leading to the Super League again.

’The Premier League won’t let us buy the best players’

’Neither will UEFA’

’TV money is effectively reducing’

’People want to see 3pm KO’s’

’People want it on a streaming giant, not Sky’

If all games are streamed on the big platforms worldwide it would still be the cartel clubs and the likes of RM and Barca who would take the lions share of revenues generated given their worldwide fan bases. We would be minnows in comparison.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

If all games are streamed on the big platforms worldwide it would still be the cartel clubs and the likes of RM and Barca who would take the lions share of revenues generated given their worldwide fan bases. We would be minnows in comparison.

I’m not saying it won’t, but it will start to be the narrative clubs use to push for the Super League.

I honestly think we’ll get a closed Premier League, reduced to 18 teams, kicking out the shit like Palace and such.

Just now, Stifler said:

I’m not saying it won’t, but it will start to be the narrative clubs use to push for the Super League.

I honestly think we’ll get a closed Premier League, reduced to 18 teams, kicking out the shit like Palace and such.

Would an independent football regulator allow a closed PL? I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s a necessity but I also wonder if this pretty much worldwide slowdown in transfer activity is making a point to UEFA, FIFA, and various domestic leagues that the system is broken.

Its not even suiting clubs like City, Madrid or Barca anymore.

On the contrary, I think City are laughing their tits off right now, it's made them virtually uncatchable.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

No chance. A closed PL is playing into the hands of those American shitbags in charge of a few choice clubs.

8 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

We aren’t getting one.

They have threatened it for years, the government have no intention of doing, and are only making sound bites to get football fans on their side.

We also have the trouble of a GE coming up which is going to slow everything down, if not just stop everything.

On top of this, we have seen in recent years how regulators such as OFGEN are very happy to follow the money and do the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, Nucasol said:

No chance. A closed PL is playing into the hands of those American shitbags in charge of a few choice clubs.

Those Americans now either own most of the clubs in the league, or are very close to that point.

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

On the contrary, I think City are laughing their tits off right now, it's made them virtually uncatchable.

City are a Pep away from being an also ran.

Some eejit in charge and a couple of bad signings and then suddenly they’re in the same boat as the rest of us.