Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Think he's one of those long-legged guys who's a bit faster than he looks.

Did some really nice things today. Knackered near the end of the game which is unsurprising - he's young and endurance is something that takes years to build up.

If we had any other bloody CMs we could give him a bit of rest. Hope Willock's back soon.

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Bullied off the ball loads today.

Not very quick either. Probably on par with bruno

Did a bit of bullying of his own for the fourth goal as well.

57 minutes ago, jack j said:

Bullied off the ball loads today.

Not very quick either. Probably on par with bruno

Hardly a shock that a 17 year old isn't mixing it athletically in midfield like :lol:

Thought he was good with his passing tbh, played a part in all of our goals. 

On 03/02/2024 at 19:46, dave s said:

the kid is down for 2 assists isn’t he? can’t ask for much more from a 17 year old still learning his game

Sure you can! Look at that Bradley fellow at Liverpool! 3 assists and a goal in 2 games I believe. He's 17 too! 🤣

Edited by Joe1984

1 hour ago, Joe1984 said:

Sure you can! Look at that Bradley fellow at Liverpool! 3 assists and a goal in 2 games I believe. He's 17 too! 🤣

Yeah but he's played less minutes in a better functioning team, arguably in a less critical position on the pitch. He also had a significant loan out at Bolton. 

He's 20 and had a full season out on loan at Bolton.  Now playing in a team littered with elite players and full of confidence.  

He does look shit hot, mind. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

He's 20 and had a full season out on loan at Bolton.  Now playing in a team littered with elite players and full of confidence.  

He does look shit hot, mind. 

Yeah, he's literally 3 years older than Miley. Can't really compare.

Yikes for you mate

Yeah I should really do research before posting. Oh and not post when I'm half asleep! Oh well. 😄

Absolutely not.  One of the guiding principles of NO is that you spout your half baked ill informed opinions as if you are the one guiding arbiter of pure truth no matter how deficient your actual knowledge of a subject is.

Do you want to live in a world where the internet is full of well justified and researched debates?  Me neither.

I think that Lewis is far better playing in the opponents half and no where near as good in our half when defending. Could even become a number  10 in the near future 

Just now, jackyboy said:

I think that Lewis is far better playing in the opponents half and no where near as good in our half when defending. Could even become a number  10 in the near future 

I think he'll get better at the defensive stuff as he grows into his body. A lot of the challenges he loses now are simply due to the opponent being stronger.

Just now, Conjo said:

I think he'll get better at the defensive stuff as he grows into his body. A lot of the challenges he loses now are simply due to the opponent being stronger.

A great example is Trent - came into the Liverpool team as a skinny kid - Klopp understood this was an issue and gradually over time built Trent up - the same will happen to Miley - you just have to be careful with him so not to mess his body up so early into his career - because he’s been playing week in week out there has been no time for him to work on the physical side 

Flip this and he’s had essentially a free loan spell within the club due to so many missing 

8 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Yeah I should really do research before posting. Oh and not post when I'm half asleep! Oh well. 😄

never mind mate. i forgive you. big kiss from dave 

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

And with experience his reading of the off the ball side of the game will get quicker.

• 2 weeks later...

Think he has been brilliant so far. Passing has been classy as usual. But seems much more aggressive with his tackling and pressing. 

He has just given it away twice in 30 seconds just as I started typing this, mind :lol: 

Looks great today. Wish we’d show short for him rather than everyone going in behind and limiting his passing options this leads to some turnovers by him 

Looks good going forward, the combination of our 3 in midfield cannot work together though and none of them are particularly helpful when helping out the defence.