Lewis Miley

Ronson333

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

[emoji38] possibly the funniest post today, I’ll give you that 

I don't think its unfair to say that Miley had a few mistakes in defencive positioning, when he is 1 of 3 in a midfield that conceded 3 to Forest. 

I thought he was fantastic in the build up play and attacking manouvers, but definitely could of done better in some defencive situations, and thats fine as he is 17 and learning.  He is not the finished product yet, and I thin ktis unfair to lambast someone who can clearly see that!

I just find the phrase “the jury’s out” defensively for a 17 year old who’s been amazing for us and clearly has years of learning to go fairly funny. Of course the jury’s out on some aspects of his game. It’s absurd that most areas of his game are so developed 

55 minutes ago, buzza said:

Very good passing and positioning but the jury is very much out on his defensive covering, screamed at him a couple of times to get back...

Oh dear, I reckon we have a Kevin Ball fan here.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I just find the phrase “the jury’s out” defensively for a 17 year old who’s been amazing for us and clearly has years of learning to go fairly funny. Of course the jury’s out on some aspects of his game. It’s absurd that most areas of his game are so developed 

I suppose I could have been a bit lighter on him...

But you know what, bit sick of being overly woke to satisfy others, said it how I felt it after the match! 

If he's old enough to play then he can (and some on the forum) probably take some critisism of parts of his game that need to improve.

... tin hat prepared:bootyshake:

4 hours ago, buzza said:

Very good passing and positioning but the jury is very much out on his defensive covering, screamed at him a couple of times to get back...

Put a defensive midfielder like Phillips behind him and he'll look a lot better as will Bruno.

Watching Miley yesterday I just wonder if he could develope into a number 10. His ability to spot a pass in tight situations is uncanny. He needs to bulk up a bit which will also come naturally over the next 2/3 years. Improve his pace over 20 yards and who knows. I just don't see his defensive side coming naturally to him.

17 hours ago, buzza said:

Defensively position wise he’s been poor last two games.  But I think “jury is out” is a bad choice of expression.  This will be something he will learn and improve on.  

“Here man, I saw you didn’t smash that kid’s head in the other day when he spilt his drink on you, you woke maggot”

”Went to the match the other day and in the bar they had some coasters that said, Enjoy the festive season, world’s gone woke”

Never found anyone who gets as easily offended as the people who use the word “woke” all the time. Fascinating use of ❄️ reverse psychology on themselves 

I used the word woke in a dissapproving manner. As such, expressed myself in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme in today´s liberal/political/social climate...

Not too hard to understand?

Also used "jury is out", or to simplify for some; I am undecided on his defensive attributes.

Hope that helped...:facepalm:

18 hours ago, buzza said:

I suppose I could have been a bit lighter on him...

But you know what, bit sick of being overly woke to satisfy others, said it how I felt it after the match! 

If he's old enough to play then he can (and some on the forum) probably take some critisism of parts of his game that need to improve.

... tin hat prepared:bootyshake:

I don't think the word 'woke' means what you think it means...

1 hour ago, buzza said:

I used the word woke in a dissapproving manner. As such, expressed myself in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme in today´s liberal/political/social climate...

Not too hard to understand?

Also used "jury is out", or to simplify for some; I am undecided on his defensive attributes.

Hope that helped...:facepalm:

These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say the jury is out on Lewis Miley don’t you?

Noticed he made a couple of very good runs with the ball at his feet against Forest, which I can't really remember seeing from him before.

If he also has the ability to move the ball forward effectively running with it, then he's gonna be a fucking problem [emoji38]

3 hours ago, mush said:

Noticed he made a couple of very good runs with the ball at his feet against Forest, which I can't really remember seeing from him before.

If he also has the ability to move the ball forward effectively running with it, then he's gonna be a fucking problem [emoji38]

He did, he's growing in confidence. Technique with the ball at his feet was there from day one, then it takes confidence in his surroundings to be a bit more expansive. The defensive side, cutting off channels, interceptions, bumping players off balance etc will, hopefully come with experience.