Lewis Miley

Ronson333

22 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

First half he played a perfect ball to Barnes out wide, even Barnes didn’t think it was going to stay in. The lad for a 17 year old has got fantastic passing range. He’ll fill out in the next couple of years and with his height and technical ability, we’ve got a real gem.

I couldn't believe that pass. Best of the match..I had a perfect view of it from my seat and shared Barnes' thoughts. Unreal. Best player on the park yesterday

Doesn't bring anyhting to the midfield. Very pedestrian and gets caught out too often and/or misplaces easy passes too often.

Needs a loan or something in the summer, really hope joe and anderson stay fit as he is killing our midfield.

Yep, I know he is 17, that is why he should be given game time elsewhere

I think people are being incredibly harsh considering Longstaff leaves massive gaps leaving him (who isn't the quickest) and also Bruno (who also isn't the quickest) with massive gaps to fill. I suspect next season he'll be immense when the midfield has far better shape.

Will benefit from a proper loan spell next season once we have everyone back.

By proper I mean a top Championship team who play football, rather than a plodder Scottish 3rd division team or a random European team plucked out of a hat.

Will be interesting to see how he develops. I think he’s been okay but he’s clearly way off PL quality at the moment.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Doesn't bring anyhting to the midfield. Very pedestrian and gets caught out too often and/or misplaces easy passes too often.

Needs a loan or something in the summer, really hope joe and anderson stay fit as he is killing our midfield.

Respectfully, no.

He really didn’t do much today in the 60 minutes he played. It’s harsh to criticise a 17-year-old kid but he’s nowhere near as ready as most here seem to think. A good loan next season would be amazing for his development.

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

He really didn’t much today in the 60 minutes he played. It’s harsh to criticise a 17-year-old kid but he’s nowhere near as ready as most here seem to think. A good loan next season would be amazing for his development.

As much potential that this kid clearly has, it will be to our benefit phasing him back out of the spotlight over the next few weeks as others come back. 

He's incredible tentative both with and without the ball. 

Which is understandable when you're only 17. We just need to work on a way of him getting over that

It’s very clear how much quality he has and the footballer he’s going to be. No one other than Bruno receives the ball as well as him and he reads the game well when he has the ball. However, as others have said, physically he’s not there yet and he doesn’t read what runs to make. Defensively, is the weakest part of his game and the area where we’re suffering the most in midfield. Not sure what the answer is as I really like him but a loan next season is probably the right call 

Send him to Feyenoord for a loan. We’ve got a good relationship with them and they play at a high standard, plus their current manager is good at developing players.

Also noticed Everton’s young central defender Branthwaite was on loan at PSV last year and that seems to be have been great for his development.

Thought he was much sharper than Willock and Longstaff on the ball. 

I see his best position as Bruno's role in our current system. He's not naturally attack-minded enough to be a long-term option in the left-sided role IMO. 

10 hours ago, buzza said:

Whhaaaatttttt you serious? He is composed on the ball and at least puts a foot in compared to Longstaff who just falls over and is soft as shit in a tackle. Really can’t see what you are watching. 

I am honestly gob smacked at some of the takes on here. The weak chain currently in midfield is Longstaff. 
Honestly watch him in a game closely. He constantly looses out in 50/50 challenges as he doesn’t seem to want to put his foot in. If he gets even the slightest of touches he goes down rolling around as if he has been shot which generally means the opposition team then attack us as he has left massive space. 
For a 17 year old he already for me looks better in midfield than Longstaff. 
Does he need a rest yes but he should be in ahead of Longstaff all day long 

15 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Send him to Feyenoord for a loan. We’ve got a good relationship with them and they play at a high standard, plus their current manager is good at developing players.

Also noticed Everton’s young central defender Branthwaite was on loan at PSV last year and that seems to be have been great for his development.

Think that's a good shout actually. Eredivisie will be challenging without being overwhelming. Plus Dutch teams have a proven track record developing good technical players.

Shola will likely ship him off to St. Mirren then

Edited by mush

10 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Not a CM really, more of a CAM. He’s not really up to it physically off the ball. He’s great on it though. Also still very young. Would like to see him

play in the 10 

agreed with this. His final pass is his outstanding attribute. I see him as a Maddison type rather than someone who can play in midfield.

He sometimes looks like he’s too keen to play the safe pass, but I think people need to remember he’s made all of his appearances in a struggling team with low confidence levels. I’d like to see him play for us when we’re on a good run of form so he can play with a bit more freedom.

All three (Bruno, Miley, Longstaff) are the weak chain in midfield really, they cannot work together and offer absolutely nothing defensively which leaves us wide open for anyone to stroll through the middle or pass through us.

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

Whhaaaatttttt you serious? He is composed on the ball and at least puts a foot in compared to Longstaff who just falls over and is soft as shit in a tackle. Really can’t see what you are watching. 

I understand he is a kid and we shouldn´t be nit picking his games as much, but the current vein of form we are in makes us look for scapegoats, myself guilty as much as anyone.

I just don´t see the superstar in the making that everyone else is.

I am only seeing deficiencies at the moment, yes, he makes a nice pass every now and again when in space and without pressure but his defensive frailty, lack of pace and the lack of willingness of his teammates to pass to him (I see this a lot in the games, maybe subconciously to protect him) is killing us.

12 hours ago, buzza said:

I've tried saying similar. At the moment he's Isaac Hayden, ok on the ball, doesn't drop massive ricks and gets bypassed off the ball so he doesn't get singled out for blame, however he shows really good potential, he's starting to read the game quicker defensivly,seems to have e the ability to spread the play a bit which will come with confidence and experience.

It's a toss up whether he'll benefit more from from training with first team standard players or a good standard loan.

Edited by madras