Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Have the club increased the number of tickets going to staff potentially and that explains remainder of missing tickets.

Tbf, pre takeover, the club did give 1 ticket to every employee.

That accounted for 15 tickets. 

Penfold's, the 3 box office staff, 2 caterers, 4 ground persons 😉, the coach driver, Stan the Sports Direct Sign fitter, Ashley's dealer, then the last 2 for Ashley's son-in-law and Cabbage Heed's useless son Alex. 

Post takeover there's about 300 people in the scouting department alone. Think we employ more people than Nissan. 

You could be right. 

14 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I agree that the communication is poor. But I’m telling you 1000% factually (from multiple people working the corporate team) that 7% went to corporate for Luton… the same as every other PL game.

As I say, I missed out too. If 450 tickets had gone to corporate I’d be sat here now with 2 tickets, but I’m not.

For a start…

- when you apply in the hospitality ballot you can apply for 2 tickets only for PL games. Occasionally it goes to 4 tickets if it’s a Carabao Cup game (I had four for the Man Utd game). But PL, max of 2.

- divide 450 by 2 = 225

- I’d be surprised if NUFC even have 225 hospitality contracts, let alone 225 hospitality contracts that entered the Luton ballot. Not a chance.

- There are only 100 executive boxes. Barracks (and equivalent) clients aren’t classed as hospitality, so I believe they can’t access the hospitality ballot. Pretty sure it’s just for boxes and directors box clients.

All of this could be put to bed with one simple news article.

Next door neighbour is in the Bob Moncur suite and they are classed as corporate hospitality. He had a row with them over his cup final ticket alloctaion because, with him being classed as a corporate hospitality supporter, he was unable to choose his exact seat like many season ticket holders could and they put him in the front row.

6 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Next door neighbour is in the Bob Moncur suite and they are classed as corporate hospitality. He had a row with them over his cup final ticket alloctaion because, with him being classed as a corporate hospitality supporter, he was unable to choose his exact seat like many season ticket holders could and they put him in the front row.

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring to with regards to Directors box clients. Bob Moncur suite guests sit in Directors Box, and there are only around 30 hospitality contracts in that suite.

54 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring to with regards to Directors box clients. Bob Moncur suite guests sit in Directors Box, and there are only around 30 hospitality contracts in that suite.

What’s the demand like for corporate hospitality at the minute, I’m presuming it’s grown massively over last couple of seasons ?

Edited by Whitley mag

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

What’s the demand like for corporate hospitality at the minute, I’m presuming it’s grown massively over last couple of seasons ?

Yep, it's sold out with a waitlist. Two years ago it was relatively easy to get a box I believe.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

41 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

My neighbour jumped in and got 2 seats for the Moncur suite a week after the takeover went through easily enough.

I was there tonight. Really good atmosphere first half in the Gallowgate. First time I've been in a while and a special mention goes to the group of about 20 lads standing at the back of the southwest corner joining in with the Strawberry corner lads and helping the songs spread!

Thought it was a very good atmosphere for most of the match. Couple of quieter spells, towards the very end of the first half and for a brief period in the second half. Overall though, we helped to intimidate Man U

who were the shittest version of themselves I’ve ever seen against us

Thought it sounded great yesterday, and maybe there were some of the old brigade congregated together in there too? Heard for the first time renditions of "Hark now hear..." and "Drink, drink, wherever you may be...." Proper 80s songs, and I can't remember the last time I heard them at SJP, or even at away games.

I was out in town on the booze with work from 12pm yesterday and the town bars were buzzing right from the off. You can tell when people are just up for a game. PSG at home had the same vibe.

On another note, is it just me or does the crowd noise sound louder on the MOTD highlights than when on live on Sky & TNT? Wonder if they muffle the mics for live games?

Edited by Wandy

Onana getting the dodgy keeper chants and ohhhhhhhhs all game was class. Credit to him for slipping on a goal kick to give the fans a cheer. and flapping at a cross. several times. and kicking it our of play. He's a good sport. 

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Overall though, we helped to intimidate Man U

who were the shittest version of themselves I’ve ever seen against us

I actually thought they were better than they were in the 2-0 game here last season. Although in fairness we had a functioning substitute bench that day.

Didn’t feel like there was that nervous lull that often punctuates the ground in a lot of games. Good, consistent noise from start to finish.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

On another note, is it just me or does the crowd noise sound louder on the MOTD highlights than when on live on Sky & TNT? Wonder if they muffle the mics for live games?

Wonder no more. The answer is yes. I’ve been saying this for a while. Don’t judge any match atmosphere via TV. They do it to muffle out profanities etc.

Strawberry corner was relentless as always yesterday. I really hope the club puts a singing /standing area in the opposite corner too. Was constant noise pretty much all the way through, of course it could be louder but it's a good start when songs are being started and spread from different sections. 

Kept checking the website all day yesterday and at 4pm managed to get a ticket in the back row of the Strawberry Corner. First time I've been in there for a couple of years and it's absolutely brilliant! Just constant singing from start to finish. They never let up!

A bigger standing area is a must because the difference it makes to the atmosphere is unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Kept checking the website all day yesterday and at 4pm managed to get a ticket in the back row of the Strawberry Corner. First time I've been in there for a couple of years and it's absolutely brilliant! Just constant singing from start to finish. They never let up!

A bigger standing area is a must because the difference it makes to the atmosphere is unbelievable.

Yeah I sit in strawberry corner and I'd never ever swap my seat for anywhere else in the ground. The atmosphere in there is class.