Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Was in level 7 against and it was full of whoppers again sadly. 

Didn’t think much of the atmosphere at all either if I’m honest. Only really went round the full ground once or twice. 

Hopefully they review the ballot system and these tourist cameramen fuck off. 

Sat in the Miburn Paddocks yesterday near the Gallowgate and thought it was really good. The Strawberry Corner was excellent as usual and good noise from the NE Corner as well. Lots of people stood for the full 90 mins in the usual away area which had NUFC fans in it as Fulham returned 1,500 tickets.

Had a lad come up to us in a NUFC top as we were walking to the ground and asked us where the Strawberry was :lol: (we were at the corner outside where Barker and Stonehouse used to be at the time so he was about 80 yards away from it). Had 2 Welsh lads sat to my left and a couple from Ireland sat behind me.

Think a genuine fan like yourself who only goes to the match from time to time isn’t falling into the category of day tripper

Lots of reasons why people can’t be there regularly and it doesn’t diminish their love for NUFC 

Edited by bobbydazzla

There's loads of reasons why people are 'day trippers' tbf. There's people who will have supported us through shite for years who can only go so often. 

However anyone filming themselves or large parts of the match for fuckin tiktok or whatever needs told to pack it in. Whatever happened to 'When in Rome...'?

On y’days telly highlights there was a clampit in the East Stand front rows with his phone held up to his face filming the ref watching the VAR review and sending off 

Shit like that does my head in 

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

On y’days telly highlights there was a clampit in the East Stand front rows with his phone held up to his face filming the ref watching the VAR review and sending off 

Shit like that does my head in 

Glad I’m not the only one that got annoyed by that :lol: 

Could see how shit the East Stand lot are with their 'reaction' to the Jimenez assault on Longstaff, couple of gestures but hardly any of the fuckers were even off their seat, could hear the mental reaction of other parts of the ground, if it happened I'm front of the gallowgate someone might have been on the pitch, but these fuckers are sat in their hands 

I can’t stand the phone culture but got mixed feelings on day trippers. If they’re genuine fans and not a fan of Chelsea on a stag do I don’t have a problem. In a way it’s great the club is growing and attracting fans from all over.

The atmosphere must be protected though and the way we do that is with expanded safe standing badged clearly as singing enclosures.

I do have to laugh and one of the biggest toys out the pram superfans on Twitter saying he won’t be going to Sunderland because of the buses. Every moan and excuse under the sun regarding the away ticket situation this season.

I remember this guy at a European away game years ago stopping fans selling tickets to a couple of my mates because he’d had some pathetic fall out with people in our group. They had to watch in the square. I’m a bit sympathetic to the arguments of some, like the buses etc, but not the entitlement of this guy who used to control so many tickets. Little empire of being the ‘go to guy’ shattered.

46 minutes ago, jack j said:

Did he used to live in Berwick by any chance?

Someone else though I suspect there’d be similar complaints. This one even said they’d have preferred a smaller allocation. They’d all be better coming up with some better ideas to improve things as opposed to ‘go back to the way it was’ which is never happening.