Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Fuck all wrong tonight like. Loved the Cole, Coloccini, O'Brien, Shearer chants getting an airing. What was the song to "allez, allez, allez" chant the French fans sing?

Sandro allez allez allez

Sandro allez allez allez

Midfield mistro

From Milano

Sandro allez allez allez

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Whoever was in that away crowd tonight, please just give them the tickets for all our away games going forward.

That was our proper away support right there. Loads of old gems getting sung and new stuff that I’ve never heard before.

There is hope for our support after all. :cool:

Fulham away last season had a fair few of the classics getting belted out. Helps when you’re winning and the only ones in the ground singing. 

The score and/or performance makes a massive difference. But it did seem like a lot of people who haven’t been risking going on another ST, decided to go tonight. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fulham away last season had a fair few of the classics getting belted out. Helps when you’re winning and the only ones in the ground singing. 

The score and/or performance makes a massive difference. But it did seem like a lot of people who haven’t been risking going on another ST, decided to go tonight. 

The thing is though, tonight our support was loud right from the off and all the way through that dreadful first half.

That was a different away crowd to what we normally see at away games this season. For instance, the away support at Sunderland was tripe compared to tonight.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

The thing is though, tonight our support was loud right from the off and all the way through that dreadful first half.

That was a different away crowd to what we normally see at away games this season. For instance, the away support at Sunderland was tripe compared to tonight.

7pm kick off on a Saturday night might have helped mind. Drinking all day since god knows when I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Aye having been to majority of aways this season it was proper support tonight. Liverpool were'nt half as loud Mid week.

Edited by NUFC91

59 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Was no different to Chelsea and Man Utd both in the cups. Maybe the fans just have cup fever.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Whoever was in that away crowd tonight, please just give them the tickets for all our away games going forward.

That was our proper away support right there. Loads of old gems getting sung and new stuff that I’ve never heard before.

There is hope for our support after all. :cool:

It was amazing like. I don't know if Craven Cottage being a smaller ground amplified it, but there was a wall of sound for 96 minutes. Some cracking songs getting aired as well. :lol:

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

7pm kick off on a Saturday night might have helped mind. Drinking all day since god knows when I'd imagine.

Definitely.

The whole reason the police and clubs moved derby games to midday/early afternoon kick-offs before it was done for purely for TV was to quell the crowds.

Its a shit kick-off time.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Was no different to Chelsea and Man Utd both in the cups. Maybe the fans just have cup fever.

Yeah but does that mean that a different set of fans are getting tickets for the cup games? There has to be something in it.

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah but does that mean that a different set of fans are getting tickets for the cup games? There has to be something in it.

Without a doubt.

17 minutes ago, Wandy said:

You will always get a slightly revolving cast but in all my many years going to away games Cup games have always been the best. And before it goes any further it has nothing to do with no ID checks. The club only confirmed that Thursday so bit late in day to have any effect. 

Matches like last night make me proud to support us. Makes me feel a lot better about our support too. Every chant was crystal clear. There are very few clubs who can come close to an away following like that 

Was busy but quiet in boozer we went to before match and same whilst having a pint in ground before kick off

But once we piled into the stand it was class 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Atmosphere was class last night, the few mates I went with were blown away. My voice is done today, would probably be a lot worse if I actually knew the words to half the chants 

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Was busy but quiet in boozer we went to before match and same whilst having a pint in ground before kick off

But once we piled into the stand it was class 

Which one did you drink in? Went in the Kings Arms about 6 and it was steady, got served in a couple of minutes. All NUFC fans like.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Which one did you drink in? Went in the Kings Arms about 6 and it was steady, got served in a couple of minutes. All NUFC fans like.

The Crabtree, just along the road from the ground 

Sounded unreal on the telly like. Seemed like itv didn't muffle the sound like everyone seems to do at SJP. Every chant was loud and clear and it was right from the off. Not just when we were winning. Never heard one song from Fulham. Just a wall of noise from us for 90 mins. Pure class.

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Sounded unreal on the telly like. Seemed like itv didn't muffle the sound like everyone seems to do at SJP. Every chant was loud and clear and it was right from the off. Not just when we were winning. Never heard one song from Fulham. Just a wall of noise from us for 90 mins. Pure class.

Never sat with such sterile, unenthusiastic, disinterested set of fans.