Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

Didn’t go y’day, rare that I miss a game but had other plans 

Think I’ll only be going again this season if I can get in Strawb Corner  

Hope the workshop actually achieves something because this season has been awful as a member 

The ground seating / standing needs reconfiguring

Season ticket holders need a rocket up them

Members need to be able to choose where they sit 

Edited by bobbydazzla

16 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Posted in the General NUFC thread, I'm at the ballot workshop thing on Tuesday. I'll report back the craic. If anyone wants me to bring up or ask specific stuff please lmk or get in touch.

Please make the point that fans absolutely MUST be allowed to choose where they sit within the stadium if they are going to persist with this.

I applied for this workshop too and got nowhere. Couldn’t even win a ballot to talk about the ballot. [emoji38]

54 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Please make the point that fans absolutely MUST be allowed to choose where they sit within the stadium if they are going to persist with this.

I applied for this workshop too and got nowhere. Couldn’t even win a ballot to talk about the ballot. [emoji38]

They should remove the seats. Or you have to bring a seat in with you and must accept you'll be called a cunt

Should at the least be on the ticket that standing is expected in this area and complaints to stewards about standing will be ignored.

Edited by Sima

29 minutes ago, Sima said:

Should at the least be on the ticket that standing is expected in this area and complaints to stewards about standing will be ignored.

Exactly, problem solved.

Or if for some reason they want it to be non-standing, just state that on the ticket.

Saw two coked up  cunts being abusive and using violent language to the stewards yesterday, would be good if that stopped. 

Edited by Hovagod

12 hours ago, NE27 said:

Blaming early leavers on the ballot is a new one like.

It's been like that for absolutely years!

yeah always been the case.

never understood it.

Leazes West corner, the ballot gods selected me to sit with John Sinclair - he recorded practically the entire 90 mins on his iPhone & flipped to selfie mode for in game analysis.

Glad I had a few drinks before hand, it was an experience I'd rather not have to go through again. :lol:

1 hour ago, RR15 said:

Leazes West corner, the ballot gods selected me to sit with John Sinclair - he recorded practically the entire 90 mins on his iPhone & flipped to selfie mode for in game analysis.

Glad I had a few drinks before hand, it was an experience I'd rather not have to go through again. :lol:

I’d happily ban phones from the match, why people choose to watch a game through a screen is beyond me. 
The worst is the fake selfies of singing or cheering followed by sitting back down and watching what they’ve just recorded. 

1 hour ago, RR15 said:

Thoughts? @Danh1

Said it before, season ticket holders should be the mainstay of the atmosphere. Absolute bollocks blaming the 4-5k or however many are going match-by-match when there's 30k there every single game in the same areas.

I was Leazes Upper Tier on Saturday, there were tons around me leaving for the concourse at the 33-34 minute mark. 

Loads of the same people left on around 85 minutes. Obviously you can't know for sure, but from some of these shaking hands as they passed people on the way out and some hugs suggest that's their regular seat and see these every home game. 

Ballot and (lack of) seat allocation seems the easy cop out for blaming the atmosphere.

Agree that a big part of the issue are ST holders. I think an even bigger part of this though, which I'm going to bring up tomorrow, is that random seat allocation is vehemently fucking shit.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Agree that a big part of the issue are ST holders. I think an even bigger part of this though, which I'm going to bring up tomorrow, is that random seat allocation is vehemently fucking shit.

I don't know what the solution could be though. If there's 3k seats throughout the ground available for example, but half want to stand in The Corner, what do you do?

Go to a first-come, first-served on an online map again? Then what happens to the people who wanted The Corner, couldn't get a spot and don't want to sit in the Leazes, does that get reballoted? 

17 minutes ago, Sima said:

Baffles me why people can't go 2 hours without stuffing their faces like.

Not as if the game is cock-on lunchtime either.  Bellends.

Or that the food options are particularly appealing for that matter!

It is baffling mind the number of people who leave their seat before half-time and full-time - never ever done it and never will! Same with those who miss the start of the 2nd half - mental - think half of my lot missed Isak’s goal at the mackems - crackers!

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't know what the solution could be though. If there's 3k seats throughout the ground available for example, but half want to stand in The Corner, what do you do?

Go to a first-come, first-served on an online map again? Then what happens to the people who wanted The Corner, couldn't get a spot and don't want to sit in the Leazes, does that get reballoted? 

I agree with you, I don't have a clear solution either. Any solution will need an updated website I think, due to it being so bad. I think what you could do if they insist on keeping the ballot is if you are successful in a category, there is a timeslot for that specific category and the seats go on a first come first served basis. Still probably not a viable solution but the best I can think of from the top of my head just now.

Ideally they'd just scrap the whole thing, go back to last season's system but move the on sale times to an evening time or a different time due to many working through the week and unable to be in front of a computer screen at 10am. That still has it's faults though. 

Either way the system is naff It's opened doors to touts, vocal fans getting put into quiet areas and vice versa, people getting into the ground who couldn't really be arsed ahead of those desperate to get in, away fans getting the same chance at getting in if they take a punt on a membership as a Newcastle fan etc.

7 hours ago, RR15 said:

John Sinclair?