Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

9 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

John Sinclair?

That's correct - I urge you to watch one of his match vlogs on youtube, then imagine sitting next to him for the entire game. :kinnear:

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree with you, I don't have a clear solution either. Any solution will need an updated website I think, due to it being so bad. I think what you could do if they insist on keeping the ballot is if you are successful in a category, there is a timeslot for that specific category and the seats go on a first come first served basis. Still probably not a viable solution but the best I can think of from the top of my head just now.

Ideally they'd just scrap the whole thing, go back to last season's system but move the on sale times to an evening time or a different time due to many working through the week and unable to be in front of a computer screen at 10am. That still has it's faults though. 

Either way the system is naff It's opened doors to touts, vocal fans getting put into quiet areas and vice versa, people getting into the ground who couldn't really be arsed ahead of those desperate to get in, away fans getting the same chance at getting in if they take a punt on a membership as a Newcastle fan etc.

I’ve said this before, but if keeping the current system, I can’t see how it’s possible to have any kind of post-ballot slot to pick your seat, for the simple reason that they won’t be able to then guarantee groups (3,4,5) that were successful, sitting together. Those groups could well be parents with kids, so you can imagine there’d be no end of hassle if they get split up.

So if they are going to do something which allows people to pick a seat, or at least a more specific area, it’ll have to be done pre-ballot. So instead of this Category 1, 2 or 3, you pick a certain block. They could also release the available number of ‘ballot seats’ available for each block, so you could make an informed decision, ‘I only want to get in the Strawberry Corner, so I don’t care if there’s only 20 seats available’, or ‘I just want any to be in the ground somewhere, so I’ll go for that area of Level 7 that has 200 seats’.

I can imagine a user interface where you could multi-select as many areas of the ground as you want, down to the level of individual blocks. But the website and the algorithm for drawing the ballot would have to be redone. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can imagine a user interface where you could multi-select as many areas of the ground as you want, down to the level of individual blocks. But the website and the algorithm for drawing the ballot would have to be redone. 

This shouldn’t really be beyond the capabilities of a multi-million pound business.

Just now, SteV said:

This shouldn’t really be beyond the capabilities of a multi-million pound business.

Well no, it isn't if they had a digital team or put any investment into that area for the last decade.

Maybe it's already planned, they must know the website is archaic. 

I do think the issue of unlimited memberships and no required purchase history is relevant too.

But like we said at the time, I don't know where you would draw the line because attending before the takeover is actually worse than not attending :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do think the issue of unlimited memberships and no required purchase history is relevant too.

But like we said at the time, I don't know where you would draw the line because attending before the takeover is actually worse than not attending :lol:

They’ll never budge on unlimited membership. That’s here forever now. As far as I can tell, every other major European team has it, so we’re not going to deviate from it.

Using history to create some form of tiered membership, that’s definitely a goer though. I’ve mentioned before how I suspect the data from the Ashley era was probably shite, not unusable, but probably with a lot holes in it. They’ve rectified that now, so I would expect us to do something along those lines going forward.

6 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Agree that a big part of the issue are ST holders. I think an even bigger part of this though, which I'm going to bring up tomorrow, is that random seat allocation is vehemently fucking shit.

In the meeting can you mention how much we love the little touches they add to the ticketing process.

Like the only way to get a resale seat is to refresh the page, but this morning I refreshed the Wolves page for just 20 seconds and got banned for an hour for being a bot.

I love shit like that. It absolutely waxxa. Please heap praise on the daft cunts who created it

5 hours ago, RR15 said:

That's correct - I urge you to watch one of his match vlogs on youtube, then imagine sitting next to him for the entire game. :kinnear:

Is he a black guy, travels from Bristol by any chance? 

On 18/02/2024 at 15:13, Hovagod said:

Saw two coked up  cunts being abusive and using violent language to the stewards yesterday, would be good if that stopped. 

Said it before, but we should work with the police more and have drugs dogs sniffing on the inside as you go in. We need to be more proactive on it. Having drugs and being on it all the time has suddenly became an accepted part of society, and especially in football.

Just now, Stifler said:

Said it before, but we should work with the police more and have drugs dogs sniffing on the inside as you go in. We need to be more proactive on it. Having drugs and being on it all the time has suddenly became an accepted part of society, and especially in football.

Would lower the loyalty points needed for away games that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Paully said:

It is baffling mind the number of people who leave their seat before half-time and full-time - never ever done it and never will! Same with those who miss the start of the 2nd half - mental - think half of my lot missed Isak’s goal at the mackems - crackers!

Just don’t get it really.

It’s down to the drinking culture more than anything, people are too used to having a drink in their hand.

We either need to decide on having alcohol back in stadiums, and even though I’m virtually teetotal, I’m not convinced by the argument that it would create more unsafe environments. Or the alternative is that the game as a whole starts introducing longer half times.

It’s not just a Newcastle problem.

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

They have sniffer dogs at the Gallowgate turnstiles a few times per season 

Not sure if they’re looking for bugger dust though 

I’ve seen them for the away fans in the Leazes, but never anywhere else to be honest.

On 02/03/2023 at 13:39, NUFC91 said:

Sorry mate i meant leazes corner nlt level 7. I think here would involve level 7, bounce of away fans etc. I currently sit here and think it could be fastest solution as more general sale tickets here.

IMG_2437.JPG.jpg

Still think we need more safe stamding here.

20 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Agree that a big part of the issue are ST holders. I think an even bigger part of this though, which I'm going to bring up tomorrow, is that random seat allocation is vehemently fucking shit.

I’d love to challenge the club on what the age demographic is of the season ticket holders. We’ll have priced out huge swathes of Under 25s and now rely on the East Stand Werthers mob to try and cajole the noise.

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

I’ve seen them for the away fans in the Leazes, but never anywhere else to be honest.

Having to search people if the dogs sniff them on top of the slow entry to the stadium with the new ticketing system wouldn't go down too well I'd imagine.

11 hours ago, Stifler said:

Could be explosives / pyro sniffer dogs rather than bugle dogs, I've never heard anyone ask the handlers what they're nosing about for

But it's #bantz watching the mags bags slags lads go on a whitey as they walk up the stairs from the Strawberry and see an eager spaniel at the turnstile

18 hours ago, RR15 said:

Should have just chucked his phone down the steps, or if especially petty report him like they did to the other knacka that records games

13 hours ago, Stifler said:

For what? A small minority at SJP who most likely bosh all of their gear before they go in. Have you ever seen anyone at SJP doing coke? I suspect not.

Fuck treating supporters like criminals. Already happens too often, particularly with away supporters. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

For what? A small minority at SJP who most likely bosh all of their gear before they go in. Have you ever seen anyone at SJP doing coke? I suspect not.

Fuck treating supporters like criminals. Already happens too often, particularly with away supporters. 

I saw two charvas sniffing gear off the top of a hand dryer at half time, was at a home cup game last season

They dusted the lines then went out to their kids, they had at least 5 or 6 primary school age bairns with them 

Edited by bobbydazzla

On 19/02/2024 at 08:18, RR15 said:

Leazes West corner, the ballot gods selected me to sit with John Sinclair - he recorded practically the entire 90 mins on his iPhone & flipped to selfie mode for in game analysis.

Glad I had a few drinks before hand, it was an experience I'd rather not have to go through again. :lol:

Ah John Sinclair. Aye, after looking him up i know who he is now. Sits a few rows behind me. Can hear him talking into his phone throughout the game.

On 19/02/2024 at 10:07, HaydnNUFC said:

think anyone over 50 should have their ST revoked.

if you've had one for 10 years. should no longer be allowed one and get put to the bottom of the waiting list.

any other ideas?