"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

56 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

To me he just comes across like a grifter. Utilising the club and fanbase to line his own pockets. 

Also, from a personal perspective. I don't like NUFC fans being represented by a rich, private school educated Tory.

Rightly or wrongly that's just how i feel and that whole "We're f***ing class" stuff feels so disingenuous it's not even funny. 

I don't know enough about him to know if he's a grifter, but I imagine there's plenty of privately educated or well to do Newcastle fans out there. That doesn't make them any less passionate fans of the club. Is he a member of UKIP or something?

Maybe i'm a hypocrite as I've got mates who vote Tory and support Newcastle but they're not front and centre of everything nufc. 

I've heard stuff about him and the True Faith lot that doesn't lead me to think they're good people etc. The way he came back to NUST unopposed once the takeover went through. 

Tbh, It's amalgamation of everything together that's led to my dislike. 

Edited by Likelylad

2 hours ago, Likelylad said:

To me he just comes across like a grifter. Utilising the club and fanbase to line his own pockets. 

Also, from a personal perspective. I don't like NUFC fans being represented by a rich, private school educated Tory.

Rightly or wrongly that's just how i feel and that whole "We're f***ing class" stuff feels so disingenuous it's not even funny. 

What a bundle of joy you are!

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

What a bundle of joy you are!

Depends on the topic tbh. 
Happily wax lyrical about the merits of 70s cinema until the cows come home or how we’re going to win 2-0 on Sunday. 

Edited by Likelylad

6 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Depends on the topic tbh. 
Happily wax lyrical about the merits of 70s cinema until the cows come home. 

To be fair, other than saying I fucking love the tories, saying you could ‘happily wax lyrical about the merits of 70s cinema until the cows come home’, is one of the most Tory sounding thing I’ve ever heard. 

?

13 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

To be fair, other than saying I fucking love the tories, saying you could ‘happily wax lyrical about the merits of 70s cinema until the cows come home’, is one of the most Tory sounding thing I’ve ever heard. 

?

? I mean. Touché 

10 hours ago, Holloway said:

People hanging about waiting for the release like it's the Champions League draw, muttering :lol:

Me and wor lass have just been discussing this. It's not something you have to watch live. Just chill. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Me and wor lass have just been discussing this. It's not something you have to watch live. Just chill. 

Aye I'll be watching 2 and 3 over the nice long weekend, before we dismantle the Scousers ?

3 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but A) who says he’s rich, privately educated Tory and B) even if he was, why does that matter?

9 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I’m 2 pillows. It’s absolutely optimum.

Does anyone else do what Pope does and use a pillow for the legs? Thought that was random as. 

One under my head, one between my knees, sometimes a throw pillow to hug. It's more of a posture thing though, it's better for your neck, shoulders and pelvis.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but A) who says he’s rich, privately educated Tory and B) even if he was, why does that matter?

A-Published articles confirming such  and the fact he went to RGS. I mean that’s pretty much proof enough no?

B- The Tories have shit on the working classes and the NE for years and are  complete cu***. My view is, i’d rather not have someone who’s an ardent David Cameron fan boy front and centre of the supporters & club. Just my personal opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

A-Published articles confirming such  and the fact he went to RGS. I mean that’s pretty much proof enough no?

B- The Tories have shit on the working classes and the NE for years and are  complete cu***. My view is, i’d rather not have someone who’s an ardent David Cameron fan boy front and centre of the supporters & club. Just my personal opinion. 

To be fair Staveley and the Ruben's are as Tory as they come and they aren't in this out of altruism.

Edited by madras