Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

Brentford are happy to let teams have the ball. We went for solidity with Willock out wide and consistency of lineup despite a busy week but clearly it isn't working. Burn is tired and out of form. Longstaff needs a rest. One full back, one winger and one striker gives us little threat against a team happy to sit back, and they'll do that even more now we're a goal down. I'm a massive Howe fan but he got the lineup wrong and needs to make the changes now. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The guy doesn’t even go down as a result of the kick FFS, he just knows VAR-world will give a ridiculously soft penalty if he falls. 

The fact that he probably dived doesn’t erase the fact that Isak kicked him

If their defenders did the same to our players , i would expect the same decision

I honestly think you guys just so worked up because we didn’t get a pen for Schar last game

Funny game, Bruno's had it in space about 35-40 yards out a few times but nothing's being coming off. Their final line has held firm. Isak's not had a sniff, and no-one else has got in.

The first pen was a howler from both Schar and Botman. The second one looked a bit soft, incidental contact after the ball had gone with the guy running across and into an attempt on the ball. Seen em given though etc. etc. The score certainly does not deserve to be any more than 1-0 and the commentators pushing that line are idiots.

11 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Get Joelinton in the middle, Gordon on for Longstaff.

Agreed - he keeps going back to joelington on the left and with burn playing as well it just doesn’t work. No idea why Howe keeps backing it, also said it all last game but saying it again it’s well overdue for targets return.